Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
the lens of all my gauges are spider webbed. Are replacements available or should i just start looking for the hand me downs of those fortunate SOBs with Dakota's?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The glass on the Harley gages are not a serviceable item. It is not available from Harley.
You can have some made at your local glass cutter, but getting them back on the gage is the question.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Where's the bike been stored at? Do you think they could be polished out or is cracked like? They coulda been rubed in circles:eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, did you think k about a glass cutter. Good idea. Worth a try. Does anybody make a overlay to change the gauge look?

They're definitely cracked, my new to me glide is a oldie that has been on the road a while. She's got 115k o the clock.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Thanks, did you think k about a glass cutter. Good idea. Worth a try. Does anybody make a overlay to change the gauge look?

They're definitely cracked, my new to me glide is a oldie that has been on the road a while. She's got 115k o the clock.
The cutting of the glass in a perfect circle is a problem, unless you're a Professional. :(
Even if you get the glass, the problem will be getting the metal that clamps it to the gage. :mad:
Both getting it off and finding a replacement to get it back on the gage. I have never found a replacement ring. :confused:

If you ever find one, post the location. I'm sure others would want to know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw a video on YouTube that had a step by step on popping the ring off and crimping it back on, looked like a pita. What would I expect to pay for a set of used gauges?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
765 Posts
You can try this.... don't ask me how I know :eek: ;)

With the fairing off.... carefully and equally "over tighten" the rear bolts on the gauge supports. ( Put a towel over the gas tank). The ring holding the glass should pop off. Have a local glass gutter cut a 2" (I think) glass circle of the appropriate thickness. The ring is hard to get back on but it will go with patience and effort. I've only done one so doing 4 may be more than you want to tackle but this worked for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
before you pull the glass try this, take a razor blade and try to clean the glass. like you are removing a sticker or something. HD has a coating on the glass for glare. it often looks like damaged glass when its old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts