Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two odd factory gauge issues.

The first, is that my voltmeter doesn't "shut off" when the bike is off. It still shows battery voltage, and from what I understand it should shut off with the ignition. The concern with this, is that I've had to replace my main battery about every two years since new, and I'm wondering if this full time draw is why.

The second issue, is that my air temp gauge is reading way too high. When I shut the bike off, it also doesn't seem to turn off fully. It's only dropping to 40 degrees, and then when I turn the bike on it jumps to about 110 (which is the matching "change" compared to air temp outside). It's acting as if it's zeroing at 40 degrees.

Now of course you don't really pay attention to this stuff till something is wrong....so I'm not sure now if both of those gauges were supposed to drop to zero with the bike off. My volt gauge has always stayed on, the temp gauge just started this (I know, I know, nobody likes them anyway).

Just curious to hear what other people's bikes do when the ignition is turned off, and any other thoughts.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Not to be a dick but get rid of the air temp gauge and put something useful like the oil temp in its place. the voltage gauge on mine drops when off. You can check it for draws to make sure but you may just have a bad gauge

1 - 2 of 2 Posts