Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that the lights in the accessory gauges, fuel, oil pressure, air temp/oil temp, AMPs, can be changed easily.
I recently bought the oil temp gauge and saw where I think the bulb/LED goes into the back but I'm a little leary about forcing it out. I don't wanna screw up this brand new gauge.
So exactly how do the lights come out?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

HSP

·
Registered
258 Posts
I used Super Bright Leds WLED-xHP5 When you use these they only go in one way so they will work so before you put your fairing back on turn on lights to see if they work if not pull bulb and flip it around and also I would order a extra bulb just in case

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you are just changing bulb you might try taking out headlights and see if can change them small hands:D

·
Registered
839 Posts
They are 184's you can find them at any autozone or napa. these are a little more expesive brand of leds BUT the replacements are almost as good.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Go to www.superbrightlights.com and search WLED-xHP.
I got them in red and they match the HK Faceplate perfectly.
Waiting on my Speedo & Tach to come back from Marty at www.gaugeledmods.com.
He did them in red for me.
Everyone here on the Forum recommends him.
Great guy to work with.
Very quick turnaround time.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to say, the bulbs come right out with a clockwise turn and a pull.
Theyre in there tight so give a good tug on them, they'll come out.
Mike U.

·
Registered
839 Posts
im not sure if mine were multiple or single. when i get home today ill snap a pic and post the one i have cause i have 4 extras.. but whatever they are they are VERY BRIGHT.

·
Registered
839 Posts
mine. hope it helps

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts