Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes , my question is this, i am not really happy with the gauges on my 2011 FLTRX at night, i like the white dials but at night with amber lighting makes it okay to look at, i was thinking of upgrading, any ideas. I have seen some members send out there speedo and tach to have the colors changed and that is really tempting, any idea on cost? Also how do the dash gauges look with different color bulbs, led of course, i have amber ones in there but there okay. Any input is greatly appreciated, as you can tell my head is already planning winter mods.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they have gauages with needles? I am not big on digital gauges, a friend of mine had them, nice but not for me, I like the needle set up better, wasn't sure if am after market company made a gauge upgrade.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Well here it goes , my question is this, i am not really happy with the gauges on my 2011 FLTRX at night, i like the white dials but at night with amber lighting makes it okay to look at, i was thinking of upgrading, any ideas. I have seen some members send out there speedo and tach to have the colors changed and that is really tempting, any idea on cost? Also how do the dash gauges look with different color bulbs, led of course, i have amber ones in there but there okay. Any input is greatly appreciated, as you can tell my head is already planning winter mods.
Hi Road Dawg, take a look at these. I personally like the Medallion gauges very much!

https://www.jpcycles.com/2011-harley-davidson-touring-road-glide-custom-fltrx/gauge-kits

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG those medallion gauges are sweet! Damn i like those, slightly out of my budget at around 700 clams, but WOW they are a real quality item. Thanks fells goin to look at the Dakotas as well, might have to start saving now. LOL>:)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I came across this site a week or so ago and they seem to have some pretty cool designs. They are pretty damned expensive though. Check out the blacked out designs...

Eyezon | Professional Motorcycle gauge customization, repairs, bezels and accessories

I remember a few years ago coming across a few links to videos with instructions on how the change the LED lighting within the gauges. Seemed pretty cool but never pulled the trigger on anything like that yet. I have a 2018 RGS and have been looking for something better that won't require a second mortgage... if that even exists! Just want the gauges to pop.

Good luck!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've got the white gauges on my 10, and I'm totally with you on the (contrast is way to low) visibility issues. I frequently have trouble seeing the engine light during the day because of the yellow on white being next to impossible to distinguish in direct sunlight. Hence I never thought of going to amber back lights...but they do sound interesting for nighttime viewing..

I actually just ordered some red and blue LED bulbs from eBay last night (I like blue, but the bike is red..). They were only like $8 for a pack of 20 with free shipping (I may go back and get some green ones too). Not sure when I'll have time to put them in ... But if I can find this thread again I'll post picks of the result.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm a big fan of digital

Attachments

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got the white gauges on my 10, and I'm totally with you on the (contrast is way to low) visibility issues. I frequently have trouble seeing the engine light during the day because of the yellow on white being next to impossible to distinguish in direct sunlight. Hence I never thought of going to amber back lights...but they do sound interesting for nighttime viewing..

I actually just ordered some red and blue LED bulbs from eBay last night (I like blue, but the bike is red..). They were only like $8 for a pack of 20 with free shipping (I may go back and get some green ones too). Not sure when I'll have time to put them in ... But if I can find this thread again I'll post picks of the result.
The gauges on the dash are 194/T10 bulbs leds really made them alot brighter at night, similar to the speedo and tach, those are led and are soldered in, but i have thought about going to a stronger orange or red.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Better pic.
A little blurry....

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
I second Gaugemodz.com
Jims a great guy and does great work.
Here's what my 13 looked like
Later I swapped out the radio to match

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Might be security light, do you have a security system?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have a Jagg Fan assisted oil cooler and I hooked a light up to the fan so I know when it is on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts