Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in contact with Jim at gaugemodz.com about him doing some of his trickery, but he tells me he does not ship international. Period.

OK, well that's his call.

Now I am assuming that his work is top-notch and he is the go-to guy for custom lighting colours on gauges, right? Can someone confirm this?

Would anyone here be able to

a/ purchase a full set of 2015-CVO gauges for me from their local dealer
b/ post to Jim with (my) instructions re custom LED lighting tweaks
c/ get them posted back from Jim
d/ then finally ship to me

It's a big ask, but I will OBVIOUSLY send all money up front first****, and maybe you'd like some kinda Aussie dealer souvenir for your trouble.

Someone in the Great Lakes area would be awesome, cos Jim is in Michigan.

Do let me know and thanks for reading.

Dave

****I'm not a Nigerian spammer, honest :wink::grin:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You could just order the gauges from a place like Boardtracker or Horny Toad and have the gauges shipped to Gaugemodz. Give Gaugemodz your instructions over the phone or email. Then have Gaugemodz ship the completed gauges to a member that can ship them to you. Seems easier that way than having the member do the shopping and shipping to Michigan. Just my $.02. I have no problem helping you out if needed though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will see if shops will do that. One issue I am aware of from a few years back is that USA dealerships will not take orders from abroad, by phone or online. Because dealers in other countries raised hell about thrifty local owners bypassing them to save $$$$$ ordering direct from the USA. Maybe that has changed now. That was the reason behind my original request. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have no complaints, did my winter mods a few years back and love it...No issues, but miles of smiles:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a place called zee's customs on facebook that does led gauge mods not sure where they are from but seems like a lot of people have used them.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,163 Posts
I'm not even remotely close to Michigan. But if you need help (can't get anything else/suggestions to work), let me know. I'm sure California is okay for shipping.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much for the offers of help, BH and Scott. Appreciate it. I will be in touch after first making a phone call to Boardtracker etc about the parts.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Let me know if I can help. I work at a Harley dealership that has dealt with gaugemodz in the past.

Reactions: kiwidave

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Dave, remember to tell the dealer you want the speedo in KPH when you order it or else you could end up with the speedo in MPH.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dave,

I am in Michigan and would be willing to help a fellow member out. I am in Lansing, MI area and actually have an account to visit out in Port Huron area in February, which is by border and close to Jim. Let me know if I can be of help. I could get gauges and drop off to him while out there after my local dealer gets them. He could ship back to me and then just ship the same box out to you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey there duglauraflht...

I have no complaints, did my winter mods a few years back and love it...No issues, but miles of smiles:laugh:
I too did my mods but trying to take a good pic of them is next to impossible for me, possibly you too ...:smile:

Only kidding, whoa, dazzling sentence when I proofed my reply!

PS...Oh boy, like last year, Jan., Feb., not so bad, March again is starting out snow terrible!

AAAAhhhhhggggg...... sorry...... I start Jonesn' about now.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I too did my mods but trying to take a good pic of them is next to impossible for me, possibly you too ...:smile:

Only kidding, whoa, dazzling sentence when I proofed my reply!

PS...Oh boy, like last year, Jan., Feb., not so bad, March again is starting out snow terrible!

AAAAhhhhhggggg...... sorry...... I start Jonesn' about now.
Spot on Bobinator, Starting off in March with snow all weekend sucks.....There is a light at end of the tunnel!!!
April Sunshowers...Right!
Maybe for jonesing we can do a Spring meet and greet at Cigar International in Hamburg, Pa???? Next to Cabelas.
Be the right time and ride to Jones out!!!:nerd:
See you there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts