Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wasn't too difficult to do.. using a plastic perspex shaped and rounded as well as a small suction cup to lift the glass and faceplates

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Looks great, you can opted to change bulbs to LEDs bulbs???Many colors, Easy plug and play!!
I did it while doing graphics on Tach/Speedo gauges....Good luck

IMG_20181208_1507365_rewind.jpg

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
They look great! Where do you get faces like that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look great! Where do you get faces like that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
They are factory CVO or Limited faceplates.. I was lucky enough to find this guy. "Frank Herrera
Motorsports Manufacturing Inc
951-278-2467" Who had some and posted them out to me in Australia.. I also needed KPH not MPH ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
From Silver to Black just like that..like it much better.

Really like it. And thanks for sharing, 'cause my silver metal surround got a little "roughed up" and I notice yours did to. That "tape" is tough stuff. My guy did a little larger font for me. And different style. So the white-on-black really helps with the oncoming of cataracts during the day.
20200130_200031.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some tips for anyone attempting to do this yourself..
Take photos of your gauges before you pull them apart so that you can get needle positioning and also after putting the needles back on .. lift them up slightly and last but not least.. plug them in and check then before mounting..
My volt gauge went up but did not return correctly..
My fuel gauge did not move .. it was jammed.
My Speedo works fine but the tacho sits below well below Zero and does not make it to 8000.
Test gauges via putting the bike in diagnostic mode as it makes the needle move there full range..
I just wish I had of know this .
You should be able to test them without having to put the glass back on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
LOL........
Except Speedo !
I did like copytec, all gauges were fine. Got Tach just right !
Speedo won't spin! I would suggest putting cluster back on without glass! (Easy on the Road Glides) Go for a quick ride. I am going to have to take mine back apart. And the hardest thing is the metal surround and bending that up again.
Also Stock faceplate had double back tape. My custom face does not. I heard some rattling may be the faceplate or the speedo needle. I need to get to the bottom of that.

My guy sent me gloss faceplates and I'm having him resend flat black. I've never seen a gloss faceplate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diagnostic mode should move the speedo full range without having to go for a ride... That way you can just keep entering and exiting diagnostic mode a few times to swing the guages full range.. If that work then do a test ride..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tacho will find is way home..
After you remove power or unplug it from the bike, it will reset .. the needle is on a spline and there appears to be some sensors on the needle and in the housing.. the best way I aligned the tacho was to unplug the unit from the bike .. remove the needle from the tachometer.... plug unit back into bike and power on... Then try you best to get the needle on the correct spline...
Not sure about the speedo as it is in the correct place ... I could have simply assed that one...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts