Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 RGS. I adjusted the handlebars. I used the maintenance manual step by step. I'm a little OCD. When I was done I found that the fuel gauge and the volt gauge do not work. no lighting, no function, no blinker indications. However the blinkers and brake lights all work. I re-checked the manual. I looked through all fuses. They still do not work. I used my Power Vision to make sure I didn't have any codes. as far as I can tell everything is together. In looking through the electrical section of the manual, the other systems that run on the same fuses have power. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have a 2016 RGS. I adjusted the handlebars. I used the maintenance manual step by step. I'm a little OCD. When I was done I found that the fuel gauge and the volt gauge do not work. no lighting, no function, no blinker indications. However the blinkers and brake lights all work. I re-checked the manual. I looked through all fuses. They still do not work. I used my Power Vision to make sure I didn't have any codes. as far as I can tell everything is together. In looking through the electrical section of the manual, the other systems that run on the same fuses have power. Any ideas?
Check the connector that plugs into the speedometer and tach cluster. Sounds odd, but the system is looped together. Even though the speedo and tach work, if you have one bent pin in there it will compromise the system and fuel/volt gauges won't work. Don't ask how I know... lol

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Howdy from Texas. When you open the speedo/tach cluster, there is a plastic connector holder in the back wall of the area where all this stuff plugs in.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Gotta be the plug on the backside of the gauge cluster... it's the only plug back there for the cluster... may not be seated 100% or you may have bent a pin or two... check it good.

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
There was a bent pin. I straightened out. Everything works great. Thanks for all the help.
GREAT! Figured it had to be something easy....

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That's what happened to mine. And that's how I knew. Posted it here awhile back. Took me awhile to find it. Glad I could help :wink:
Great minds think alike brother... LOL!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks guys....It had me chasing my tail for a day until I read this thread.....I was about to give up and talk to Johnnie Walker for the rest of the night!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a bent pin. I straightened out. Everything works great. Thanks for all the help.
I have the exact same bike with the exact same problem from doing the exact same thing! 😂 This post and answer saved my sanity. Thx for the 4 year off assist! 👍🏼👍🏼

1 - 14 of 14 Posts