Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night in the midst of frustation I bought a MadStad.
It will be here next week.
I really didn't want one but I'm tired of the buffeting and have little faith in anything else on the market being able to solve it.
If Harley would have had a new Road Glide out I would have bought a new bike. If the RG didn't suit me I would have most likely bought an Ultra.
If I get the present bike modifiyed to my liking I will most likely find no need to buy new again.

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I feel ya Brother! I'm gonna get one too, just keep putting it off........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I just recieved mine this week. Peer presure is tough around here.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I still haven't experienced buffeting...... so I'm going to stick with what I have for now. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats good dbell. I have tryed 5 different shields ( including the stock 15" ) without acceptable results.
I almost bought a cee baileys but decided to just go ahead and buy the
MadStad.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
What took you so long?:). You will not regret doing this.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Do you have the crash bar mounted plates or GADS? Youll still experience buffeting

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Pick up the $30 HD wind deflectors that mount on top of your front engine guard bar. And GADS like Venomized mentioned. This will deflect the air that comes up from under the fairing and over the gas tank. I also added the defector behind the front turn signals. Interstate riding is much more enjoyable having the annoying buffeting gone. Radio at half volume works for me. It's a small investment to go along with the Madstad.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pick up the $30 HD wind deflectors that mount on top of your front engine guard bar. And GADS like Venomized mentioned. This will deflect the air that comes up from under the fairing and over the gas tank. I also added the defector behind the front turn signals. Interstate riding is much more enjoyable having the annoying buffeting gone. Radio at half volume works for me. It's a small investment to go along with the Madstad.
If you are talking about the plastic deflectors on top of the crash bars , they came with the bike and the dog dish i refered to is sort of like the gads but rounded chrome mounts to the back of the lower tree. It may not be as big as the gads but it did help slightly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts