Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - lurking for a while but really my first post - please be gentle...

I have the 2016 RG Ultra and I finally installed the detachable Tour Pack kit for my solo rides (just installed it in about 2.5 hrs). I was surprise how much the tour pack weighed and can't wait to get on the bike without it; expecting a much different ride.

Anyway, I have the stock touring seat and without the tour pack the bike looks like an abortion - see below.

I was curious if anyone else has done this and had a recommendation on a replacement seat, maybe even a solo seat.

Thanks in advance/JG

Attachments

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I went with a HD solo tour, or click in a passenger backrest if my wife is along.

Don't have a picture of the road glide with the stock seat and backrest, but here is the road glide seat on the road king with the backrest and luggage rack.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Solo low. Comfy seat.

Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio. Originally from Lower Bucks pa. Worked all over Jersey. Drove for J Fletcher Creamer.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I picked up a seat from a Road King for short money. It's sort of like the seat that's on the street glides, with the sloped back rear seat. I put that on when I take the tour pak off and I'm riding solo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome. We're in Morris County and usually scoot to PA and upstate NY for our rides - as a driver in this state you know how the roads here are a death trap. We love Bucks Co and make a coupla runs to New Hope every now and then.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Seats

I have 3 seats to chose from but really like the '16 CVO 2 piece I scarfed from a cat in SC for $400 SHIPPED to my door, it really sits well and looks great on my '12 too, just need that custom backrest for it...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Do you like the comfort of your stock seat? If so, check out the road glide special and the street glide special seats. The rear is slanted back and it looks pretty decent.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yep. This is why I have 3 seats. Each one has a different look and purpose!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have a Mustang solo on mine, but purchased the 2-piece with rear pillion that is only installed when running the Tour-Pak. Pics here.

·
Registered
227 Posts

I have the 2016 RG Ultra and I finally installed the detachable Tour Pack kit for my solo rides (just installed it in about 2.5 hrs). I was surprise how much the tour pack weighed and can't wait to get on the bike without it; expecting a much different ride.

Anyway, I have the stock touring seat and without the tour pack the bike looks like an abortion - see below.

I was curious if anyone else has done this and had a recommendation on a replacement seat, maybe even a solo seat.

Thanks in advance/JG
If you would like a stock seat from 2016 RGS Make me an offer. I pulled mine off the day I brought it home and put a solo seat on. Thinking $100 + the ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts

Thanks in advance/JG
I'll be honest....I don't hate it. I actually kinda like it.
I've been wondering what mine will look like with stock seat when I go to the detachable, and now I know. I might throw a passenger backrest on it, but IMO, I don't think it looks bad at all the way it is.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Never cared for the 'Sport' style seats, actually worse for adding a date on for a ride as they slide back and latch on pretty hard leading to a somewhat tensed ride. If going solo I chose a solo seat where on my old Road King the passenger seat was separate and removable without touching the riders seat. I hear it every time the wife gets off when we are around pairs on softails or customs with Bitch Pads, where the riding partner starts pushing the rider for a similar or at least better seat.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Thanks in advance/JG

I have the same seat and no tour pack, and used to swap seats between the big ugly and a Street Glide-style depending on whether my wife was riding with me. Then I got tired of fussing with it. The big ugly seat is comfy so it stays on my bike full time.

I suspect once you get used to seeing your bike without the tour pack the seat won't look as bad. It's not sexy like others, but it's comfy and doesn't require storing multiple seats in your garage or shop.

Also, I added a removable stealth-type rack on the back. It reduces the transition from the fender to seat visually but most importantly is functional. And for $60 costs much less than an extra seat that ends up parked on a shelf.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same seat and no tour pack....

HEY!!

What's goin' on with that charger back there?? Is that '66 or '67?

I love the first three generations of the B body Chargers, but that Gen one is the coolest of them all!

Very nice.
(Oh, and there's a motorcycle there too....haha).

·
Registered
80 Posts
I too added a detachable for my tour pack. Didn't realize that the dealer had left the harness to hang on top of the rear fender causing paint to rub away. End result, they are replacing the rear fender, on them. Just for you to note to secure the wire harness above the fender as not to touch.
Also, I noticed that when I pulled my seat after 1000 miles, I see that the paint on the tank has worn from friction of the seat (I hate the stock seat and ordered a LaPera DLL)
I have a claim in with MOCO, sure hope they do something.... poor design on seat against tank. My 02 FatBoy had heavy duty plastic type tape under the seat on the tank to stop this from happening. Aftermarket seat is narrower and the paint wear shows on the tank.
Not Bitching, I love my new ride.... just pointing out some silly avoidable paint wear that I would've taken precaution had I known it was an issue.
Yeah, stock seat is ugly with the tour pack off, IMO.

·
Registered
437 Posts
HEY!!

What's goin' on with that charger back there?? Is that '66 or '67?

I love the first three generations of the B body Chargers, but that Gen one is the coolest of them all!

Very nice.
(Oh, and there's a motorcycle there too....haha).
It's a 66. First year, built 383 with a 4 barrel. All my car buddies got married and had babies leaving me with no one to wrench with so it got parked. And then I got in to motorcycles. So it sits.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a 2016 Road Glide Special and swapped the stock seat for a Mustang Vistage Super Solo. I also purchased the matching passenger pillion and backrests for rider and passenger. I love the look and I find it super comfortable.

I am not too far away from you. I live in Camden County just outside of Philadelphia. I am currently out of town for a couple of weeks. Depending on your time frame and what the weather looks like in a couple of weeks, I should be able to meet up if you wanted to a closer look at the seat and see if it is something you would be interested in. I think the bike looks killer with it on as a solo ride. The wife and kids both love the passenger pillion. Especially compared to the stock harley 2-up saddle. If interested, I have a Harley rider backrest, mounting bracket and passenger backrest pad all in black that I would be willing to part with if they were compatible with your current setup.

Shoot me a PM with your thoughts and if you want to meet up sometime at the end of this month.

-c

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 3 seats to chose from but really like the '16 CVO 2 piece I scarfed from a cat in SC for $400 SHIPPED to my door, it really sits well and looks great on my '12 too, just need that custom backrest for it...

I've been looking for that seat. Hard to find without paying an arm and a leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts