Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what gear ratio is in a stock 2010 FLTRX, and what is the cheapest and easiest way to bring it to a 3.00 or 3.05(as recommended by Tman performance)

And if the cheapest way isn't the best way, please explain why.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Can someone tell me what gear ratio is in a stock 2010 FLTRX, and what is the cheapest and easiest way to bring it to a 3.00 or 3.05(as recommended by Tman performance)

And if the cheapest way isn't the best way, please explain why.
There is a ring gear for the clutch hub that a company makes that is the best and easiest way to gear it down. I'll try and find my info on it.

·
Administrator
10,482 Posts
Evolution Industries has a 30 tooth compensator with chain for around 3 bills ..

4th gear at 70 changes from approx. 3620 rpm to 4500 rpm

5th gear at 70 changes from approx. 3042 rpm to 3750 rpm

6th gear at 70 changes from approx. 2570 rpm to 3250 rpm

This is the least expensive way to do it , is much less expensive than changing the final drive pulleys which may also require a belt change ..

If you have cruise on your bike , the kit may disable it , some tuners will fix that issue ..

JtB

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thank you guys. Just out of curiosity, what final drive sizes would I need to go to to accomplish this? Its pretty much time for a new belt anyway....may go that way instead.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
What Jack is saying it changes in the primary not on the belt.
If you go to a EVO 30 tooth comp it makes it like a 315/317 final drive. You don't have to change the belt on this.
But your first gear you will shift very quick. Very short gearing on new bikes with set up.

cool thank you guys. Just out of curiosity, what final drive sizes would I need to go to to accomplish this? Its pretty much time for a new belt anyway....may go that way instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts