Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem. when giving throttle I hear a faint clunk and when I let off throttle hear same shuck sound to me like a keyway is slaping back and forth
does anyone else hear this
Marty

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Could it be loose steering head bearings?

A little more info about your bike would help also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2010 road glide is in the drive line I think primary gears or chain I have wrenched for many years just seeing if there is anybody else that is hearing same thing
Marty

·
Registered
149 Posts
i hear it too. I can actually make it do it at will if the revs are just right. I've been wondering if my belt is loose, but I only have 3000 mi on her

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has been doing it that I know of since 4000 mi have around 7500 mi I seam to hear it more after engine has warmed up

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've been hearing the same thing, more when it's warm. Of course the dealer says nothing to worry about, it's normal. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
149 Posts
played with throttle alot today. Its exactly like you say.It was worse with two up and low rpm.Sounds like loose gear clicking back and forthwith excel and decel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep thats what im talking about anoying once you hear it and can make it do it at will Thanks for the feed back
Marty

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brought bike to dealer says that is normal to keep rpms up around 3000 doesn't sound right to me

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Not sure what exactly you are describing, but i think mine does it as well , and i am no wrench.
IS it the slack in the compensator?. I noticed it from day 1 on my new bike and dealer said it was normal.
Heres a thread that i think may describe what im talking about.
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=3354

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had a similar issue on an old softail, it was the compensator nut backing off, damaged stator before I got to it tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts