Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the actual belt size needed for a 30T transmission sprocket and 66T rear wheel sprocket combo (number of teeth and how wide):confused:. Going with this combo on my 2008.....my eyes hurt from all the reading but I can not seem to pinpoint the answer or Gates part number. :(

Any help is appreciated - thanks

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
The stock front pulley is 32 nubs and you are dropping to 30 nubs so from what I recall you can still use the stock 1 inch belt.
I am still using the stock 32/66 nub pulley configuration on my 2008, when the engine was a 96 inch it seemed that the bike was a little low on power on the low end so I upgraded the engine to a 103" and now the low end power is great.
HD tried to fix the low end power problem in 2009, they kept the 32 nub front pulley and they went to a 68 nub rear pulley.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Are you changing the rear pulley from stock? Or just the front to a 30t? If it's just the front then you need a 139t belt. Gates Polychain is the only belt worth looking at. The others have all shown issues with breakage.

Stock belt can be retained, however it requires modification of the swing arm because the pulley puts the belt out of normal adjustment range.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you changing the rear pulley from stock? Or just the front to a 30t? If it's just the front then you need a 139t belt. Gates Polychain is the only belt worth looking at. The others have all shown issues with breakage.

Stock belt can be retained, however it requires modification of the swing arm because the pulley puts the belt out of normal adjustment range.

Just changing the front to a 30T...so I will have a 30T front / 66T rear

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have a 30t pulley and slightly used belt at the house. If you want that then we can make a deal, otherwise the only thing that you need to check is the width on your belt and order a new 139t Polychain in that width. Off the top of my head I can't remember if it's 1" or 1-1/8" wide. I liked the gearing when my bike was a 103. Changed back to stock with the recent motor work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts