Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After working last night. I awake to find this! Geico has been notified and the here we go show is under way. So much for the ride the Mrs. and I had planned.

It appears that the weight of the bike is on the fairing and left saddlebag. Gas tank is not scratched but paint is bubbled from gas leak. Hopefully damage is just cosmetic!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Did it fall off the stand?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Those pic's send shivers, don't start it till everything settles down, hold back the tears, shake your head:) to prevent this i've straped bikes up like spider webs before, and still have done a shoulder ck. best of luck it'll work out

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got this heavy mofo upright..... Better than I first thought.
Fairing

Tank

Bottom of bag

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
How did that happen ? Hopefully like you said just scratches.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That bites. Any idea how it happen ? What jack ya using ?
Harbor freight Jack.. Can't blame it on the Jack. Jack was still in place like hey where is this heavy ass bike that was just on me moments ago.

That sucks! Sorry to see that sh!t happen. Did the back of the jack lift up, or just too close to the edge?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Appears to be to close to the edge. It will be fixed but it definitely burns my ass.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
What jack ya using ?
even with a good jack, shit can happen. i was changing the rear wheel out on the wife's bike and was having to take it up and down, and up and..... well, i had it down just a little too far and when i was pushing on the left side, the bike just toppled over on the right :eek: i was using a j&s jack. just got too involved with what i was doing and didn't have enough of the bike's weight on the jack and lost it.

good news is that only the front fender sustained any 'serious' damage, and i got $1300 from the insurance co to replace that.

hope geico does you as well.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The 1982 Tour Glide fell off the lift! damn had the front tire clamped well to boot, it just ripper the rubber right out of the clamp. The solution Strap it down to the lifting device next time.

It busted the windshield, a floor board and the tour pak. About $400 in parts and repairs.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Looks like it's not too bad considering. Hope you get it all fixed up with minimal hassles!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
My heart sank when seeing the pics. I just bought a lift last week and have not jacked up the bike as yet. Good luck with your insurance.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I use my lift often and always fear that happening. I almost always ratchet strap mine to the lift and use the position stops on the jack to lock the position in and increase stability. Good luck with repairs.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Damn ITOLDU ! I hate seeing shit like that. It's especially painful knowing how much work you've put in the last few months. I hope the insurance does for you what we pay them for. Easy for me to say but it could always have been worse. Least you weren't sitting under it. Good luck with the repairs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts