Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My policy with GEICO runs $604.00 per year.

$5,000.00 for accessories
Uninsured or underinsured motorist (hit & run)
50K in property damage (i.e. I run into someone's home)
Medical coverage for the passenger
& roadside assistance

The costomer service has been great.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
GEICO stands for Government Employees Insurance Company. It was started by a retired Politician. It was the only insurance company that was allowed to sell insurance to Service members on base, and at High rates and would not sell to some. The refused to sell Motorcycle insurance to some and refused to pay for claims from others. They were the only game in town until a lawsuit proved it was a monopoly.

I will NEVER buy from GEICO, EVER!!!

·
Gone but not forgotten
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's to bad some have not had the positive service that I have had. Being a govt. employee, I like them. In fact, they have gone out of their way for Harley riders, just check thier web site. I used to drink only Budweiser because they were union, now with the way things are, I am pleased to drink Coors now; I drive a Chevey and ride a Harley. Go USA.

·
Super Moderator
9,909 Posts
what rgr said is true , I know lotsa a peeps from back then , they stuck the screws to ..

Mebbe the lawsuit helped straighten 'em out , but aint gettin my business ever

·
Registered
120 Posts
Y'all can say what you want but they beat the pants off everyone here in TX. I'm paying $360 a year for full coverage. Over $200 a year less than the others for identical coverage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Back in the late 90s there were a few stories on them propping up a LIDAR research/production company, and buying LIDAR guns for the Ca Hwy Patrol... nothing like your insurance company working for the other guy to stick it to you... would never consider them after that...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Had them and the rate was reasonable,..........when renewal time came the rate jumped about $250.00

Now I'm with Progressive !

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Mebbe the lawsuit helped straighten 'em out , but ain't gettin my business ever
They will NEVER get any of mine either. If they were the last Insurance Company, would go without Insurance even if they gave mine free.

Y'all can say what you want but they beat the pants off everyone here in TX. I'm paying $360 a year for full coverage. Over $200 a year less than the others for identical coverage.
They will always take money. I just wounder if they changed with the Payment on the Policies.
I don't think so.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I pay $786 per year for TWO Harelys, an '09 FLSTN and an '11 FLTRU.
I'm reading the policy, I have $300k liability, $100 deductible on comp, $250 deductible on collision, and $300k uninsured motorist.

No, I am not with geico

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
no personal experience, but i've heard enough stories of folks who were with them for several years, and when they made their first claim, geico dropped them.

have had good service with progressive, not looking to change anytime soon.

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
I also use Geico. I pay $700.00 for three bikes . 82 FXR , 05 FLSTN, 10 FLTRX
Full coverage here in GA.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use USAA because the choices are limited here in Korea. When in the States I go with Progressive since USAA doesn't have bike insurance in the US

·
Registered
828 Posts
i had USAA for my cars, and when i wanted to add the bike, they wanter 1100 a yr. So i went with Geico for the bike, and since then switched to Geico for my cars as well. 410 a yr with all the bells and whistles, and 4000 of acces.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Had them and the rate was reasonable,..........when renewal time came the rate jumped about $250.00

Now I'm with Progressive !
Wife and I were with Geico but like you we switched to progressive, saved $300 and got road side assistance added for free.

Now I can drop my AAA roadside assistance to just basic, saving another $60
And I can let loose the HOG since I don't do anything with them and don't need the roadside assistance from them either.

just my experience, your mileage may vary

·
Registered
395 Posts
I use USAA because the choices are limited here in Korea. When in the States I go with Progressive since USAA doesn't have bike insurance in the US
I have USAA and had it on my 05', but when I bought my 10' and tried to get coverage they told me they don't cover bikes anymore and transferred me to Progressive, who wanted almost twice what I had been paying. I ended up going to GEICO for less than what I had been paying and and about a third of what Progressive wanted. I was pretty steamed at USAA and was tempted to pull my car, home, and life from them, but figured I had payed them too much over the years to pull out before they had to pay!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts