Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a diffence in suspensions between model years? I have a 2007 with the old frame and wonder if the same suspension issues and fixes apply to mine that apply to the newer ones? I'm pretty sure I'll be looking very soon to upgrade mine. Most of the suspension posts that I've noticed are by people with newer than mine RG's.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
There is not a real problem with the suspension on the 08 and earlier models as far as the front forks or the rear shocks. You can upgrade to a better suspension by replacing the shocks or fork springs with after market products that will fine tune your ride, Progressive suspension is a popular option for many riders. The only other issue that the 08 and earlier HD touring models have is what is referred to as the "BAGGER WOBBLE", the bagger wobble is a condition where you may feel a unstable riding condition in curves at higher speeds. This condition is one of the reasons that HD made the frame change the other reason HD made the frame change was to be able to install a wider rear tire. There are many aftermarket products that will help cure the bagger wobble and they are most commonly call a stabilizer, I personally run the "Progressive Suspension Touring Link" it works well is easy to install and it is the least costly of the stabilizer systems that I have found on the market. One of the best features of the Progressive touring link beside the cost is it is the only stabilizer that I found that allow the bike to maintain the stock ground clearance. You can go to Progressive suspensions web site and get more info on this product.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent information! Thanks!

There is not a real problem with the suspension on the 08 and earlier models as far as the front forks or the rear shocks. You can upgrade to a better suspension by replacing the shocks or fork springs with after market products that will fine tune your ride, Progressive suspension is a popular option for many riders. The only other issue that the 08 and earlier HD touring models have is what is referred to as the "BAGGER WOBBLE", the bagger wobble is a condition where you may feel a unstable riding condition in curves at higher speeds. This condition is one of the reasons that HD made the frame change the other reason HD made the frame change was to be able to install a wider rear tire. There are many aftermarket products that will help cure the bagger wobble and they are most commonly call a stabilizer, I personally run the "Progressive Suspension Touring Link" it works well is easy to install and it is the least costly of the stabilizer systems that I have found on the market. One of the best features of the Progressive touring link beside the cost is it is the only stabilizer that I found that allow the bike to maintain the stock ground clearance. You can go to Progressive suspensions web site and get more info on this product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts