Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out this weekend and at like 65+ I couldn't hear music, and thats with the ridiculously quiet stock exhaust. I want the speakers to be loud so I can hear them. Can anyone recommend the best way to go about this? Do I just need to buy better speakers or do I also need an amp? Can you recommend brands? New to the whole music on a bike concept. Thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Radio is a beautiful thing. Talk to John at J &M audio. He's a member/sponsor on the site here. He know RGs and audio and will talk with you about what you are trying to accomplish and make some suggestions based on your budget. Getting a better windscreen with help with clearer audio as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What are you riding and what's your budget? I'm running a set of Biketronicss 7.1's in the fairing, a set of Biketronics rear pods speakers (7.1's) and a Soundstream 4.1000D amp. I'm pushing over 550 watts of power and have zero issues hearing the stereo at 80 MPH. You can change your speakers, but without a amp to push them it will make little difference in the overall quality sound on your ride. If your running 2 speakers only in your fairing, I would suggest a 2ohm speaker (Infinity 62.11) with a PBR 300x2. The sound will be improved tremendously. Good luck on your search!!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Jl audio hx280x4 amp bridged, biketronics 6.5 coaxlespeakers, the magic box amp install kit (8 gauge) sounds great at 100 mph.

·
Registered
950 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
For bang for the buck, I really like the PBR300x2 & Infinity 62.11 combo. There are better (also whether you want to keep FM stations) out there. Just depends on your goals and budget.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Riding a 2015 RGS. Not sure what my budget is yet, I'm not looking for perfect quality, I just want to be able to hear the music with reasonable quality.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
HERTZ SPL. That's all I'm gonna say. Cops love em too.
+1 on the Hertz and a couple of RS400 amps will do the trick. Can hear mine at any speed. And everyone knows when I am coming.

·
Registered
590 Posts
bfscratch26

179.00 for the jl audio hx 280x4 amp. On sale. 179.00 for biketronics 6.5 coaxle speakers (manufactured by hybrid auido) on sale. 69.00 for magic box from sounds auido. 60.00 for 8 gauge amp. Install kit. 4.00 for poly fill. I did the install my self. total spent 491.00 both jl audio and biketronics have great tech line Thay were a big help tuning the amp too the speakers. Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did the J&M Rokker Xtreme 15 Road Glide System with lid speakers. Eased up to 100 and can hear it perfectly! I also have a 12" Freedom Shield and Gads. Perfect air pocket. Although with the Rokker system I don't think the shield would matter!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts