Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't like how the fasteners on my 2015 Roadglide were aging. They were starting to look nasty in spite of my best efforts. I had dealt with a place in Florida called Alloy Boltz. They carry ARP fasteners that are polished stainless, Grade 8 bolts, 12 point head, flange bolts. Slowly replacing my nasty fasteners with these.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Anybody ordering from Alloy Bolts, be sure and request 6 point bolts for the rocker boxes, if not they send you allen head and that sucks on the back left hand side install. I had to make a special tool out of an allen wrench and a small boxed end wrench to tighten.

By the way, quality products.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Ive been doing the same thing. So far have engine, trans and fork hardware. :wink:

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I've been buying from them for a long time, 4 bikes worth.
I don't spring for the ARP stuff, just they're regular polished stainless which are 1/2 the price and have not caused any issues for me.
ARP makes quality stuff, but they're awfully proud of it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've been using them for years, good people and product. My 2000 SE Road Glide had basically every bolt replace with theirs.

I had 12 point on my rocker boxes on my 2000. I would think you could still get them?

·
Registered
927 Posts
OP would you post a close up photo of an old bolt & new bolt side by side, not installed. For comparison. Thanks

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I checked out Allens Fasteners and his prices for SS 12 bolts seemed fair for example a 5/16-18 x3/4 long fully threaded is less than $ 2.00 each.Plus he had tons of other items.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
They are spendy, but they will last a lifetime without corroding,flaking, or peeling. I didn't think they were that much more than the Harley chrome bolt kits. I think the thing that makes them expensive is that they are grade 8. The factory didn't install grade 8 in all locations. You have to be careful when replacing bolts that you don't replace an OEM grade 8 bolt, with a regular stainless bolt, since the regular stainless is not as strong as a grade 8. Typically you'll find these in suspension, brake, motor mounts, foot peg/board mounts, etc...
I did end up installing their ARP 12 point engine / trans kit as well.
As for what the old bolts looked like, in the picture with the rotor bolts, those are the old drab ones, that have since been replaced.

This isn't for everybody, a lot of people may not even notice them as opposed to larger more noticeable chrome pieces. I just thought I'd post it up for those that are interested.

Thanks for the intel on Allens Fasteners. I don't know that those are polished. I don't need that in all applications for some other projects I'm working on.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
They may not be polished but for the price difference i can buy some mothers aluminum polish and a small buffing pad for my right angle air grinder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They may not be polished but for the price difference i can buy some mothers aluminum polish and a small buffing pad for my right angle air grinder.
Absolutely!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts