Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, getting closer to riding my new bike, weather is finally decent here up north. Took a pic in the trailer on the way to the tuner for map and break in.
Ran into a few problems and some more parts on the way. Hopefully another week till its all done. Then another stack of boxes in the garage that need to get put on, and wheels are still a few weeks away.

Enjoying the forum, great to see what other guys are doing. Only thing I have not decided on is the audio system, kinda waiting to see if someone comes up with a fix for all the flash issues.

Fly

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hope your bike meets your expectations. No Ride Like a Road Glide. Put the sound system down on your list as you check out the features of your new scooter. For me (and it is always about me as my wife reminds me) a "sound system" distracts from the sound of wind in your ears. Ride on Brother!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
Yeah not worried about audio at all, least of my concerns.
Things not to smooth at the moment, injectors failed, fuel system got contaminated during the build. So waiting on new injectors, tuner put in a old set of smaller ones just to keep breaking in on the dyno and the clutch gave up.
So new clutch on the way.
Good news is it's making over 100ftlbs torque by 3000 rpm, partial throttle. :D
Fly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not the bikes fault. I put too much faith in the local dealership. Fuel system got contaminated during the engine swap and the 58 tbody, thats what caused the injector fail. O2 sensor got buggered when they reinstalled into the new exhaust. Dealer talked me into their vpc clutch and spring. I should have never expected that thing to hold up to a higher compression 120r set up for lowend torque.
I am surprised by the woods lifter failing, but so it goes.
Fly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.