Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 Road Glide and decided on upgrading the audio with both two additional speakers (placed in new lower fairing) and 500 watt amp from J&M. I subsequently ordered a JAMP-500HR06-RC for my application from an authorized J&M dealer in Arizona. When the amp arrived, I realized the vendor had instead substituted amp JAMP-500HR06-RCR (for a dual rear speaker application). No problem, mistakes happen. So I contact the dealer who advises that she had sent the amp as directed by J&M tech support (updated for either front or rear applications). OK, doing my own due diligence, I download both install diagrams, and while the amp itself appears universal, the wiring harnesses are clearly different. Specifically, the harness for my application (Front lower speakers - RC), patch from the factory HK radio and branch FOUR leads (two pair, front and rear) into the amp, not two. No such harness comes with the RCR setup. OK, no problem, things happen. So I call J&M tech support myself tonight. After getting a tech support rep on the phone and explaining my conundrum, I am also assured that the RCR harness will work for forward speakers..???? Really confused (I suppose I can get a couple RCA splitters and make it work, but not sure I want to do that). In closing, I call the dealer back who intends to call J&M tomorrow (2/1) for clarification...

George
[email protected]

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
When I installed the splitter for my front lower speakers, I do remember the instructions not matching up with the wiring harness I got. I just started playing around plugging things together until I got it to work, but I had the same problem when trying to figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts