Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrighty sharky's
been a minute , got out today to rip up some asphalt and every time i would get down on throttle on my 12 FLTRX, sounded like popping plastic crackling from tank or something.......now if i just smoothly accelerated without putting the hammer down did not notice it ......any input greatly appreciated , wondering if anyone else experienced this and had the cure

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Stock bike ?? Are you running cheap gas ?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Stock bike ?? Are you running cheap gas ?
That was my first guess. It was alarming when I first bought mine... it was more prominent when the engine was hot. My explanation was that it sounded like bb's bouncing around inside the gas tank. Used an octane booster and it didn't fully go away, but was a lot better.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
initially went to pick up bike from a friends shop and it was low fuel so i stopped at first gas station to get me too where i get my 100% GAS and topped it off with about 4 gallons of 100% GAS/ PC/V STAGE 1 pro pipe , other than that stock 103

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
What you've described sounds like spark knock or pinging. Either try to drain out the gas or run that gas til you can fill it with better gas and see how it goes. Also check to make sure your tuner is working properly

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
initially went to pick up bike from a friends shop and it was low fuel so i stopped at first gas station to get me too where i get my 100% GAS and topped it off with about 4 gallons of 100% GAS/ PC/V STAGE 1 pro pipe , other than that stock 103
Non corn gas don't have the octane in it we need. You need a good octane booster if you plan on using non corn gas.
Get some numbers together and bring the octane up to above 92 and you'll be fine, or just use 92 octane corn gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts