Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Had a question about a good front wheel chock for the RG when towing in a trailer. I got the CVO 19inch rims so that is definitely in consideration, also will be towing my buddy's 2014 SG. Basically looking for a good front wheel chock that can be removed off the trailer when not in use. Been seeing prices around 90 bucks online, but I know you guys know way more about this.

Any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Most of us know nothing about towing, riding is a different story, but not towing. Not trying to be a butthole but I couldn't help it...lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
i just bought a condor thru amazon last week. got the chopper chock to fit my wrap fender (thought it looker like it would crush my fender , bot it actually kicks up between fender and tire ) I'm moving to Daytona for the winter so haven't used the chock yet....well built

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have used a Condor in the past. It is adjustable for different tire sizes and removes easily from trailer when not in use. Two steel mounting points stay in the trailer, but they are flush with the trailer deck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of us know nothing about towing, riding is a different story, but not towing. Not trying to be a butthole but I couldn't help it...lol
Oh no worries, I know what you mean, and I plan to ride longer distances in the near future, but with my friend just getting his bike, and also his gf sorta not wanting to do the trip on the back of the bike, I decided to just tow them down to the spot and go from there.

Thanks for the information about the chocks guys, will check them out. Seen a couple removable ones on amazon for about 120. Good or bad price?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Based on the number of moving parts I bought the Harbor Freight chock. Has worked fine the times I have used it. Usually on sale for about $50.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
+1 for Harbor Freight Chock Block.. They are better ones out there, but for the purpose of it & price, you can't beat it. Under $50 not including the %20 off..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
405 Posts
Another one for the harbor frieht chock. Used it multiple times for towing to Daytona. It'll get used again for bike week 2014. Can't wait.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I use the Harbor Freight chock as well. I put this in the trailer, set the bike on it and then strap it down. I run four small decking screws through the holes in the chock to hold it in the trailer.

I've used this set up every time I go to Daytona for Bike Week. Wisconsin to Daytona and back with no worries.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Another for the Harbor Freight/Condor copy chock. Stays bolted to the HF lift most of the time, unbolt and bolt down in the trailer as needed. I made a copy of the HF copy to use when I need to haul 2 bikes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Since my wife can not ride long distances...I have is the past, towed a motorcycle.
I have used the Harbor freight chock, and I think I had a coupon for it foir about $45.
I now have a "Load-All" ramp in my truck, and the installer took a little too much time...so he threw in a CONDOR for my trouble. The harbor freight and condor both work the same. Condor would be my choice if money is not a problem.
I won't be towing to Daytona....since I am already there! Every Shark I see, I will ask if they know about this Forum. Maybe we can all meet at the "Shark Lounge" !!!!

Chuck the Mensh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts