Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night getting ready to pack bike up. Found the mounting bolts for a key mount to sidecar broken off.
So wrenching until after Midnight. Tap breaks off in hole. Easy out breaks . One thing after another..
Robbed bolts from left side passenger foot boards. So Wife well be in sidecar until I can get some new ones today.

By 0100. Good to go. test alignment of the sidecar dam near got personal with a deer. I did find what was left of one of the bolts in the road on the test ride.So Now I know when and where this all started.
0545 having a cup of coffee. Going to pack up in a few minutes.
Get wife up an get this show going.. Meeting Scott aka Bleachy and some others at HD Museum in Milwaukee about 1100.

See you there.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Last night getting ready to pack bike up. Found the mounting bolts for a key mount to sidecar broken off.
So wrenching until after Midnight. Tap breaks off in hole. Easy out breaks . One thing after another..
Robbed bolts from left side passenger foot boards. So Wife well be in sidecar until I can get some new ones today.

By 0100. Good to go. test alignment of the sidecar dam near got personal with a deer. I did find what was left of one of the bolts in the road on the test ride.So Now I know when and where this all started.
0545 having a cup of coffee. Going to pack up in a few minutes.
Get wife up an get this show going.. Meeting Scott aka Bleachy and some others at HD Museum in Milwaukee about 1100.

See you there.
Safe travels, good catch before you rolled out.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
4,522 Posts
Never fun when you have one of those days/nights where if it could go wrong, it does; making a 30 minute job last hours. Glad you got it figured out for now, smitty.

·
Super Moderator
13,321 Posts
Have fun and be safe. Lots of help here if you need anything else.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day two here at SW all is good. A very spirited ride to Washington Island was great.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The repair held up. Put left side passenger board back on. Replaced the bolts in right side mounts and good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts