Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 14" Malos will he here tomorrow. So I prepped the trike today. Tank is off to adjust the length of the wires for the amp. I'm mounting the controller down low. Not near the grips.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
John, You're gonna love those Malo's.
I have the Black Malo14's on My 2012 RG Custom and love 'em.
Best of Luck with the install Bro.
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!!!! Bike is gonna look killer with those bars on it, can't wait to 'em. You goin black or sticking with chrome?
Chrome. I liked the way the RGS turned out with the mix I had. Kinda making this the 3 wheeled version of that.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
After you’re finished with your trike, what’s in store for your wife’s trike?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't wait to see the completed version! Don't forget your poly bushings. I like having them personally.
Ya, I screwed the pooch on that. Disnt use them on the 16 and honestly never felt the need to add them. But just realized that the amount of force applied to the bars now is different. So, I'm going to go ahead with the install and if/when I need them I'll put them on.

After you’re finished with your trike, what’s in store for your wife’s trike?
She wants a chrome front end. So that's the plan for the winter for hers. She wants it a little louder. I have a de-catted header laying around for a twin cam. I'll toss that on for her. I got her the FP3 for our Anniversary. :grin: So I can tune it.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have it that stripped down and you are leaving the ignition wires stock black? >:)
Haha. Yes! For now. I'm at the end of my bike money for the year. Need to choose wisely. I have my trip coming up and the wife has a trip coming up.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking good John! You still traveling through NE on your trip?
That's the plan. Weather permitting. Plan B is south. Plan C is back out west.

We leave here Friday the 30th and head straight for Watkins Glen NY. Spend the first night there. Then Notth through NY State into VT and NH. Staying in Woodstock NH. Near Kancomagnus HWY.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
I have a de-catted header laying around for a twin cam. I'll toss that on for her..
Not to be a Kill Joy but I think the Trike Headers are a tad "Longer" if memory serves so not sure if a standard TC header will fit - I think.......don't quote me but do dbl check as I remember some sort of issue my Buddy had when he was trying to add parts off his '15 SG to his '16 FW and the exhaust was the first thing he tired to fuck with

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to be a Kill Joy but I think the Trike Headers are a tad "Longer" if memory serves so not sure if a standard TC header will fit - I think.......don't quote me but do dbl check as I remember some sort of issue my Buddy had when he was trying to add parts off his '15 SG to his '16 FW and the exhaust was the first thing he tired to fuck with
I already did mufflers. Anything from a 1999 to 2016 touring muffler fits this. There are drop down sections that go from the stock M8 header. Which makes the pipe outlets equal diameter allowing all those years to fit. Which is nice. Not limited to M8 only mufflers.

And same goes with the wifes TC. Same header. Has the drop down sections. the header I'm putting on is a TC header.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Way to go man, get in ,get it done and get out on the road. Did you have an adrenaline pump installed when they did "YOUR UPDATE"? Well done, carry on......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Always love the look of a torn down bike. Just means all the good stuff is coming.

I've been trying to convince my dad to get back on a bike for awhile now. He's been off so long that he's afraid to ride 2 wheels anymore. I'll have to show him this once complete. It may change his mind about riding all together.

TaterNate

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Way to go man, get in ,get it done and get out on the road. Did you have an adrenaline pump installed when they did "YOUR UPDATE"? Well done, carry on......
I seem to have some Getty up go dont I? Lol. I love working on them as much as riding them. When I first lost my job due to my health I applied at a MC school. Was told no go because I had a felony. I told him to straight fuck off instead of trying to get to the truth and seeing if I could just go and worry about the job later. I believe it was due to trying to job place a felon.

Always love the look of a torn down bike. Just means all the good stuff is coming.

I've been trying to convince my dad to get back on a bike for awhile now. He's been off so long that he's afraid to ride 2 wheels anymore. I'll have to show him this once complete. It may change his mind about riding all together.

TaterNate
Ya. Tell the Old Man get the fuck up to a dealer and test ride one. They're a hoot to blast around on. And when you're going straight down the road. You dont know you're on a trike. You're just riding.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

TaterNate
Or being stripped back to stock before the trade in. :grin:

Which of course means that a new bike is coming!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts