Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't like the way the stock tail lights look on my 17 Special. I already have the Custom Dynamic Plasma rods so I want to delete the stock tails. What options do I have? I looked at a Yaffe Stealth III but it won't cover the holes left in the fender. Anyone have an ideas about what direction I can go? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put CD LEDs in your taillights. It might save your life. I'm running Plazma Rods set up as R/B/T, plus the CD inserts. I want to be seen.
I have the plasma rods, plus I have the Harley saddlebag LEDs I haven't put on yet. I am all for being seen, and heard for that matter.

If money ain't a factor, replace the fender with a CVO type fender.
$1000 Plus paint from Harley for a CVO fender is outside of my price range. I was hoping for another type of plate holder that would bolt up. Guess I just have to live with it until I can afford to get a new fender.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have the plasma rods, plus I have the Harley saddlebag LEDs I haven't put on yet. I am all for being seen, and heard for that matter.

$1000 Plus paint from Harley for a CVO fender is outside of my price range. I was hoping for another type of plate holder that would bolt up. Guess I just have to live with it until I can afford to get a new fender.
I hear what you're saying about being out of your price range. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you weren't in the know. PcPain is a forum member who runs the parts department at an HD dealership and gives us a nice price on parts. I got my CVO fender for considerably less than that. Keep it in mind.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can buy only rear fascia and cvo rear lights, mounting everything on your fender, cover the holes and repaint. Est about 1.000 incl paint..
Other alternative is to buy Arlen Ness extended fascia and mount the CD plasma/leds on it, should be clean enough..I am on the same path for my Bulldog. Led plate support can be from CD, they have a curved version also, but other alternatives on ebay from 10-200 range.
Gl&hf

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You can buy only rear fascia and cvo rear lights, mounting everything on your fender, cover the holes and repaint. Est about 1.000 incl paint..
Other alternative is to buy Arlen Ness extended fascia and mount the CD plasma/leds on it, should be clean enough..I am on the same path for my Bulldog. Led plate support can be from CD, they have a curved version also, but other alternatives on ebay from 10-200 range.
Gl&hf
What's a "bulldog"? And yes I know what that cute little dog is in your avatar. Don't tell me you're referring to your shark as a bulldog? Dude, you can't do that. This is the shark tank plain and simple.😁 I'm just F'ing with you of course, do whatever you like. But on a serious note, I did the whole CVO fender on my '13 for 1K. You can get it waaaay cheaper than you're thinking. My advice to you would be to search the forum and then ask some folks where the cheapest and best places are to get parts. I order all my HD stuff from PcPain now. I refuse to enter a local dealership. Jon is a good dude and has our backs. I've spent thousands through him last couple winters.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I really don't like the way the stock tail lights look on my 17 Special. I already have the Custom Dynamic Plasma rods so I want to delete the stock tails. What options do I have? I looked at a Yaffe Stealth III but it won't cover the holes left in the fender. Anyone have an ideas about what direction I can go? Any help would be appreciated.
Road Glide Forums - View Profile: rlaf75
Check out this dude's bike. Pretty damn nice job of working with the factory fender.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear what you're saying about being out of your price range. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you weren't in the know. PcPain is a forum member who runs the parts department at an HD dealership and gives us a nice price on parts. I got my CVO fender for considerably less than that. Keep it in mind.
Mighty, I'm looking for your rear fender but I don't want the CVO side lights. Do you know if my fascia will bolt up to the CVO fender? I don't really want to loose my triple bar bottom light, and don't really care to add the CVO brake lights. If I can figure that out I'll get in Touch with PcPain and see if he can get me the fender and the plate light. Your bike looks amazing by the way

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Mighty, I'm looking for your rear fender but I don't want the CVO side lights. Do you know if my fascia will bolt up to the CVO fender? I don't really want to loose my triple bar bottom light, and don't really care to add the CVO brake lights. If I can figure that out I'll get in Touch with PcPain and see if he can get me the fender and the plate light. Your bike looks amazing by the way
Thank you sir. I'm sending you a PM in a few minutes.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thank you sir. I'm sending you a PM in a few minutes.
+1 on MightyWhitey's bike!

Interested in the direction you're taking this Spoon. In the process of replacing 16RGU fender with CVO fender, and got a quote from painter yesterday. I just don't like the look of the stock RGU fender compared to RGS. Coupled with a hokey plate mount above tail light due to detachable kit, it just made things worst.

On the plus side, I really like the HD auxiliary inserts I installed, so at odds about losing those. Then, I like the look of the '09-'13 CVO fender (lights) on MightyWhitey's bike. Apparently it requires some cutting if I go that direction, so it's off the table. My deal is, I'm covering the difference between dealer's cost who was willing to replace my stock fender due to an issue with it, versus going with the HD CVO fender. Not sure of implications if I get the fender from PCPain, but will soon find out.

In any case, I feel your frustration with not being happy about the looks of your fender.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mighty, don't mess with my Bulldog.. It will bite you before you'll notice. Joke aside, for the discussion purposes, I suppose that the Arlen Ness fascia can do the trick, keeping the fender and tri bar, but cleaning bike rear end nice.. see the link, and imagine you remove the light bar..
Arlen Ness Angled Fender Fascia Extension for Harley Touring FLH/T 14-16 | 60-154
This one doesn't help me at all, still have the two holes in the top on the fender to deal with. I'm Thinking the CVO fender with my stock fascia will be the route I end up going. I have a vision in mind and I think that's how to make it look the way I imagine it in my head. I'm not looking to add any more lights vertically as the Plasma Rods I already have do just fine. I have a message out to PcPain about getting a CVO Fender and I'll go from there. When things start happening I'll keep updating what I'm doing with it. Hopefully during the winter break from riding I'll get it ironed out the way I want.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hope that you'll match your vision, that's the important part. And equally important is to know what you are looking for. Good luck with your project, keep us posted with final results.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm still waiting to hear back from PcPain. I'm up north working until the end of the year, but if I can get the fender and all the parts needed, I should be able to have it painted and ready for install as soon as I get back to my bike. I'm looking forward to having something that's a little different than everyone else's.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'm still waiting to hear back from PcPain. I'm up north working until the end of the year, but if I can get the fender and all the parts needed, I should be able to have it painted and ready for install as soon as I get back to my bike. I'm looking forward to having something that's a little different than everyone else's.
Did you email him at his work or PM him. He doesn't get on here all that often. Usually the email works best.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I emailed him at the email you sent me. I sent it early Saturday but I figure with the weekend and most dealerships not being open on Mondays it would be another day or so before I got a reply.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts