Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 08 RG . Every time I take the windscreen off it is a pain or impossible to get screws 2 and four back in . I just purchased another screen and it is even tougher . It is like the screws arent long enough . I believe I will try longer ones but is there an easy way to do this ? Thanks in advance for your insight to my issue . Mark

·
Registered
820 Posts
some one on here you can find aftermarket windshield mounting hardware that comes with longer screws and heavy duty inserts they are worth the money, i got a set included when i bought my freedom shield.

·
Registered
927 Posts
With the well nuts that were on my 91 FXR when a year or more old did not line up correctly due to the rubber being distorted, probably from me over tightening them. I recommend changing them. MadStad has some that the heads are oversized to prevent them from getting pushed all the way into the fairing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I used to screw the well nuts onto the screws through the windshield. Not tight just snug so its touching the windshield and not bulging. I would then just push the well nuts into the holes windshield and all. Then tighten as normal. I always kept a handful on hand and would replace them before the got all hard.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I used to screw the well nuts onto the screws through the windshield. Not tight just snug so its touching the windshield and not bulging. I would then just push the well nuts into the holes windshield and all. Then tighten as normal. I always kept a handful on hand and would replace them before the got all hard.
What he said^

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Reactions: MarkL

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well , I didn`t believe you but desperation made me try it anyway . Worked like a charm , like super easy . Thanks ! Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts