Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, long story - short: some a$$hat made a nasty scratch on the front fairing. Time to go to the paint/body shop. As you all know it's a pain in the neck getting the color right. My SERG has 3 different kinds to make it even more difficult... You have Sinister Blue Pearl, State Blue Pearl and Diamond Ice. Luckily I have a grey-bearded friend who loves painting H-Ds and US cars. He does a lot of work restoring the paint on vintage US cars. Now, getting the color just right takes lot of skill and experience as you all know (pressure, type of paint-gun, temperature etc.) While he was at it he also color-matched the A/C cover - a nice little custom detail!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Awesome way to make good from bad. Still love the paint schemes with the Screaming Eagle. Nice Ram truck, too. Sure you're still in Norway? :wink:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Very nice, my favorite color!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a beautiful bike. Love that paint scheme. 2009, right?
Hi JayKS; no - it's the original Screaming Eagle scheme in 2001. The other CVO RG-colors that year was Vivid Black, Charcoal Satin Brite and Platinum Silver.
Btw I have done some modding to make it look like a 2009 model, but the FLH-style turn-signals is a "give away"... Later models have the bullet-type that were mounted higher up on the fairing proper.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome way to make good from bad. Still love the paint schemes with the Screaming Eagle. Nice Ram truck, too. Sure you're still in Norway? :wink:
Lol; yeah I'm sure, Zinc. But this specific area have more US cars than any other here in the Oslo region. Btw the local AMCAROC (Amercian Car Owners Club) have a sweet collection of rare 1950s through 1970s US cars in mint condition - even Jay Leno would be impressed!
Oh, and the Hemi truck is not mine (wish it was) belongs to a friend!:smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts