Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for a last minute throw together that last year was just 08Zinc and I meeting for lunch, this year was great. We had 7 members from this forum represented and their friends made for a total of 12 people for lunch. Great to see many friends from years past at different M&G's and just as great to meet some new guys. We always have fun and we always seem to have a great group that shows up. After lunch we all split and did our own things, which always works out great for everyone. Many headed to the Harley Shop and some of us headed to the Allstar Complex to check that out. My buddies and I that rode down had somewhere around 350 miles for the day. I hit the HD Shop before lunch, then met the crew, then hit Allstar after lunch and back to the HD Shop on my way home, as I wanted to meet Gloria, who was doing a book signing in the afternoon, and I snagged a signed copy of her book. I am pretty excited about this as she's 93 and still riding and has such a history with HD, and she told me SHE wrote this book. She was one cool cat! Hope the pics all work...fingers crossed....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple bikes from The Cycle Source Magazine Show. Chris and crew are awesome people. Very rooted and down to earth folks. I remember them when their mag was a free publication and Chris and his Uncle peddled this free mag over much of western/central Pa. I use to attend their annual fall shows at the Boardwalk down on the Strip in Pittsburgh.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then there's 08Zinc making friends! Oh, and then as most would say, here's a shot of our beer tub girl, but as hot as it was yesterday (hot af), she was our Gatorade Gal! Sorry these appear to be loading sideways, but you can turn them on your own...08Zinc did!! >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Looks like a good time for all :smile:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
So, for a last minute throw together that last year was just 08Zinc and I meeting for lunch, this year was great. We had 7 members from this forum represented and their friends made for a total of 12 people for lunch. Great to see many friends from years past at different M&G's and just as great to meet some new guys. We always have fun and we always seem to have a great group that shows up. After lunch we all split and did our own things, which always works out great for everyone. Many headed to the Harley Shop and some of us headed to the Allstar Complex to check that out. My buddies and I that rode down had somewhere around 350 miles for the day. I hit the HD Shop before lunch, then met the crew, then hit Allstar after lunch and back to the HD Shop on my way home, as I wanted to meet Gloria, who was doing a book signing in the afternoon, and I snagged a signed copy of her book. I am pretty excited about this as she's 93 and still riding and has such a history with HD, and she told me SHE wrote this book. She was one cool cat! Hope the pics all work...fingers crossed....
Great pics as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Then there's 08Zinc making friends! Oh, and then as most would say, here's a shot of our beer tub girl, but as hot as it was yesterday (hot af), she was our Gatorade Gal! Sorry these appear to be loading sideways, but you can turn them on your own...08Zinc did!! >:)
I should frame this. Or get framed for it. lol

Oh, and here's me and Gloria! She is an awesome lady full of life and more stories than I could ever hope to have.
What's her last name? Want to learn more.

Sorry to hi jack a bit.

Am heading to Gettysburg in two weeks.

Looking for advice. See and do, rides, good places to eat.

We are heading in from West Point NY. Three days in Gettysburg.

I have a thread with input already posted:

https://www.roadglide.org/12-organize-rides-here/353938-advice-gettysburg.html
Responded on the other thread a while back, but one of the best ways to explore the battlefield is not the bus tour but the Segway tour. Gettysburg Segway Tours - Segway tours of the Gettysburg battlefield using Licensed Battlefield Guides, gettysburg tours

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry I didn't make the meet and greet. The pictures are great. The Sons of Speed bike is one of my friend's bike. I was hanging at that tent Friday for the Lita Ford concert.
That’s awesome man. Killer bike! How was Lita, loved her, back in the day! 😜

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay I am dumb. What book did Gloria write? Always interesting to read stories like that.
Here’s a few pics. Google her to learn more. She’s been riding longer than I have been alive. Incredible woman, with no end to her stories. She took a lot of time with us, just talking about her life on Harley’s and life in general with no hurry to get you to buy a book and move on, I don’t think she even cared if you bought a book. Awesome lady and I can’t wait to read her book!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts