Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the long post but....

I have a motorhome with a motorcycle lift on it. I wanted to cover my 12 FLTRU with a cover that would not get ruined in the turbulent wind behind the motorhome.

I found Geza Gear and spoke to Tom the sales rep. Tom convinced me that their 2 part premium cover would do the job. At $650, the price was steep but if it keep the bike clean and dry I figured it was worth it. In late April 2017 I purchased the cover.

When I installed the inner cover (the rain cover), it was pretty clear that it did not fit correctly. I sent Tom a picture and he assured me that the cover fit correctly. On May 5th 2017, I put the outer cover on and took the motorhome and bike to the Keys for a week long vacation. When I uncovered the bike, the inner cover scratched both side saddles and the rear fender.

Again, Tom assured me that they would take care of it. He promised that they would correct the issue with the inner liner fit and he was going to talk to management about fixing the paint.

Long story short, after many promises, I asked for a refund. When they did not respond in a reasonable amount of time, I called the credit card company to reverse the charge. They put the money back in my account but I did not file the proper paperwork so the credit card company gave Geza Gear back their money.

Somewhere along the way, I got the estimate to fix the scratches. It was $950. I sent that to Geza gear and got a reply back from a CS Rep. Here was his response: "I just had my StreetGlide sidebags painted last month (from rock dings and chips) from a local body shop and paid $350 with white painted pin-striping. They even had to take it down to bare metal where the dings were to even out the surface. The Harley Dealership wanted $600. Paint match with my gas tank and fenders were perfect. I also had very deep scratches from my dog on my gas tank and those buffed out with fine polish that I did myself." Saddle bag, bare metal? I would love to see that bike, I am sure it is awesome.... NOT!

When I followed up again, The CS Manager said: "Chargebacks can take 180 before a final resolution is made by the banks. Once a resolution is made we will know how to proceed." Needless to say, it has been one year and I have gotten nowhere so I am out $1,600 (for a mostly useless cover and paint repairs).

They eventually sent me a return shipping label but with the way they were handling things, I did not want to send them the cover as they would have the cover and my $650. I did not trust them to do the right thing. These guys are liars and thieves.

I have found other posts relating to this company. When ever the company responds, they always blame is on the customer.

Horrible horrible company. Stay away!

-G

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
$650 on a cover!?!?!

Reactions: geo8866

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
The inner cover obviously is too short. The outer cover looks like a perfect fit. My question is, why do you need an inner and outer cover? I never saw a lift like that holding a big bike, only dirt bikes. That lift is incredible!

·
Registered
988 Posts
From what I was told a long time ago, never cover a bike with anything while it's in tow, whether on a trailer, back of a truck, etc, because even the finest material will scratch the paint when the wind is flapping it around.

Lil Chief

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
From what I was told a long time ago, never cover a bike with anything while it's in tow, whether on a trailer, back of a truck, etc, because even the finest material will scratch the paint when the wind is flapping it around.

Lil Chief
I was thinking the same thing. It's only going to get dirty uncovered.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Lil Chief
The inner cover is for rain and you don't need it unless you are going through heavy rain or snow which I did on my maiden voyage.) If you will be traveling through light rain, you only need the outer (stretch) cover. The reason that this cover works is that the outer cover is made of a soft material that stretches and breathes. The outer cover works as a filter, it will keep the road grim off of your bike. When you put it on, you stretch it over and under the bike and "stitch it up" so that there is very little space for the air (and dirt) to get into the cocoon. It fits very tight against the bike so there is very little flapping and what flapping there is does not cause damage to the bike. The concept works except they had the hard seam of the inner cover against the paint.

-G

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was thinking the same thing. It's only going to get dirty uncovered.
Road grime is a very fine dust. When you tow, it gets into every crevice including your fuse box, ignition switches and handlebar switches, etc. I would rather it didn't which is why I spent $650 on this cover.

-G

·
Registered
988 Posts
Road grime is a very fine dust. When you tow, tt gets into every crevice including your fuse box, ignition switches and handlebar switches, etc. I would rather it didn't which is why I spent $650 on this cover.

-G
Don't get me wrong, I understand the concept, but isn't this the same road grime/dust that will get into these spaces if you're riding the bike? I once bought a bike and had to trailer it home due to it being December, and the weather was unpredictable. Needless to say, I got caught in a snow storm on the way home. The bike was covered in crap, but it washed off easily. That was in 1996 and the bike and its electronics are working just fine to this day.

Lil Chief

Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry to hear of the headache. Back when I use to snowmobile in the mountains, we would trailer 8 hours. We never covered because sure enough the cover would come loose and end up beating up the sled. So I am a firm believer in not covering, but I fully understand why u wanted too. Especially sucks that you spend the money to do it right and end up worse off than if you would have left it be.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Road grime is a very fine dust. When you tow, it gets into every crevice including your fuse box, ignition switches and handlebar switches, etc. I would rather it didn't which is why I spent $650 on this cover.

-G
The black outer cover looks incredibly durable and tight. Kind of reminds me of when you see a boat being towed completely incased in that plastic covering. How was the inner cover able to even flap around?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't get me wrong, I understand the concept, but isn't this the same road grime/dust that will get into these spaces if you're riding the bike?

Lil Chief
Not really. Did you ever notice how dirty the back of a tractor trailer gets? All of those wheels kick up a lot of dirt. Same thing on a motorhome. The bike gets incredibly dirty back there.

-G

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The black outer cover looks incredibly durable and tight. Kind of reminds me of when you see a boat being towed completely incased in that plastic covering. How was the inner cover able to even flap around?
You still get buffeting back there. Where the outer cover came over the saddle bags, it created a space. The hard lines of the inner cover was in that space and able to move around.

-G

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear of the headache. Back when I use to snowmobile in the mountains, we would trailer 8 hours. We never covered because sure enough the cover would come loose and end up beating up the sled. So I am a firm believer in not covering, but I fully understand why u wanted too. Especially sucks that you spend the money to do it right and end up worse off than if you would have left it be.
They claimed that they were redesigning the inner cover to fit a HD. When they sold it to me, they said if was custom fit, so why the redesign of something that was already supposed to be custom fit? Once I submitted the estimate to fix the bike, they went mostly silent. A few weeks after I called the credit card company they sent a return shipping label but by this point, I did not trust them to do the right thing so I did not return the cover. I posted a review in Yelp and their GM posted all kinks of lies... when I posted quotes from emails that I received and pictures of the bike, he would change his story (edit his reply). They guy (Mark S) is a real dumb dumb.....

-G

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We never covered because sure enough the cover would come loose and end up beating up the sled.
I am not sure if they make a cover for sleds or not. If they do, it would not come off..... But they are so bad to deal with, I do not recommend calling them to find out. If they got a new owner and fired EVERYONE that currently works there..... then maybe. LOL....

-G

1 - 14 of 14 Posts