Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....... polaris seems to be going all out to draw attention to the Challenger
............ they'll even give you a free shirt when you ride one
...... if this is not calling out the MoCo to improve on our machines, i'm not sure what is
........ thought it was interesting they referred to the Road Glide as the best selling tourer
i'd thought the SG was the hi volume harley

·
Registered
44 Posts
Street Glide might be their best seller, but Road Glide is Harley's (by their own account) "longest mile touring/most mileage ridden" of their touring bikes....

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
IF, you can find a dealer. Kid brother has two Vics and a Chieftain. Try finding Him a shirt when in vacation out of state.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
I got a dealer between home and work so I went there once for an event where you give them a Harley shirt and they give you an Indian shirt. That was an easy one. Let me know, I'll stop in and grab you a shirt for your Brother. There's an awesome pizza joint next door I like to go to so I could use a good reason to eat another pie!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I got a dealer between home and work so I went there once for an event where you give them a Harley shirt and they give you an Indian shirt. That was an easy one. Let me know, I'll stop in and grab you a shirt for your Brother. There's an awesome pizza joint next door I like to go to so I could use a good reason to eat another pie!
Chicago area and pizza in the same sentence. I just gained 10 lbs. Sounds like I need a road trip. (y)

·
Registered
53 Posts
There's a local Indian dealer here and I like patronizing local business but I ride 30 miles to the H-D dealership because that's what I want. It isn't about a drag race between stock bikes or a t-shirt.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Seems like Indian likes giving away T shirts.
Yep. I have several from the 3 different dealers in my area. Love wearing them while riding my Harley. Of course I also have on either a Kawasaki or Triumph emblazoned jacket on as well. Love confusing people. :)

I also have "free" limited edition Dark Horse prints, bandannas, hats, and bar glasses.

My local Harley has done free T-shirts for test rides and had a special one made up for test riding the new softails.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Ill have to quote a buddy of mine who has owned probably every bike ever made. And no this isn't @SteadyEddie. "Ive never been asked why I bought a Harley when I was on a Harley. Cant say that about any of the others."
Your buddy never met my BMW riding acquaintances. They were like, "we know you can ride, why would you choose a Harley?". My Sport bike riding acquaintances said, "Well, if you are going to get a cruiser, might as well be a Harley than a clone." Yet they were on Japanese sport bikes, not Ducati.

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
Never had to tow a food truck , and it's pretty ugly with the single headlight and the lines of the tank suck ... And how many dealers do they have now ?? And will it make it as many miles trouble free as my current ride ?

JtB

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
They are doing T-shirt exchange this weekend in Lynchburg and since I will be home and need to exercise the Harley I will probably take a run up there and exchange a walmart motorcycle T-Shirt for an Indian one.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
They are doing T-shirt exchange this weekend in Lynchburg and since I will be home and need to exercise the Harley I will probably take a run up there and exchange a walmart motorcycle T-Shirt for an Indian one.
They have an Indian store in Lynchburg, or are they doing it around the distillery?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
They have an Indian store in Lynchburg, or are they doing it around the distillery?
Sloans in Murfreesboro opened an Indian Merchandise store on the square in Lynchburg to get some of those tourist dollars. Since Jack Daniels partnered with Indian for the special collector bikes it makes sense. Bring two shirts and hit Sloans on the way home. :) If nothing else they make nice cleaning rags compared to walmart T-shirts.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It just looks bad, ill stick to my RGS
I have not seen one in person, but I agree. I told the dealer in '14 that they needed a fixed faring bike. If they had done a fixed fairing with adjustable windscreen on the Chieftain with the classic front fender I might have had an interest. Now that I have my Road Glide it doesn't really matter. This will probably be my last "touring" bike.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I've said that twice. 😂
But honestly I would still have my last bike if it hadn't been totaled
I have gone 9 months without buying a bike. If I make it a year I will have set a record. I am saving for a small toy hauler/travel trailer so that might keep me from buying another bike. Many of the smaller toy haulers are too steep in the ramp for the Road Glide so it might be left home a lot if I can't find one that will accommodate it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts