Road Glide banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to alter the black vs chrome balance on the appearance of my ride, which I prefer the chrome to be toned down a bit. I bought Harley's gloss black rear turn signal assembly, and fender brace covers for a more clean black look that allows the pipes to be the chrome bling statement.

Similarly in the front, I wanted a cleaner black appearance on the fairing, and would like gloss black replacements to go with the smoked lens kit. I haven't been able to find gloss black front turn signals from Harley. Does anyone know if they do sell them? If not, what is a good alternative gloss black front turn signal?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have a set in my exchange program and can powdercoat a set for you. All you'd need to do is pull your guts out- swap them out & mail yours back to me.

I'm currently waiting on my fronts to be returned & Titanium is next, but I could pencil you in for them if you'd like.

PM me & I'll give you pricing and an estimated time line.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Major oversight by the MOCO as front turn signal housings for the FLTR line are not yet offered in gloss black, online or in the catalog. Hard to believe as they offer almost every other component to complete a black out look for the touring line.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Pulled mine off and had them powder coated locally and they turned out good. Did the rear turn signal assembly also which was way cheaper than buying the new piece from HD.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Pulled mine off and had them powder coated locally and they turned out good. Did the rear turn signal assembly also which was way cheaper than buying the new piece from HD.
How did you take your lights apart?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think there is a thread on taking them apart that will probably explain it better but here is how I did it. After I took the light bar off and unplugged the harness I took a small pick and stuck it between the light bar and the plastic shell in side then just kind of wiggled it out. The only hart part is getting the ground wire unplugged. You have to take something very thin, I used a paper clip, and and push it into the plug to release the clip on the wire. I fought the first one for a half hour. Second one came right out. It is basically the same for the front.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had my fronts powdercoated locally.

I didn't want to remove the faring just to unplug the signals so I did it from the front of the light housing without removing the faring. Basically, I left the chrome turnsignals in place and pried/pulled the reflector housing out. Then you can pull the bulb contact plate out and remove the wire contacts from that plate all from the front of the turn signal. At that point, simply remove the reflector and the rubber gasket. With that out of the way, you can now remove the chrome turn signal housings. You will be left with 3 wires sticking out of the faring.

Reassemble in reverse order using the black housings. I am oversimplifying a bit but it can be done from the front of the turn signal housing rather than unplugging the turn signal from the harness and de pinning the plug.

·
Registered
230 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.