Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching the web for Stock glove box lid replacements? I've got an idea for phone mount but want to make sure I can get new lids and the price before I go drilling holes n the ones I have

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
New lids don't cost too much. Check with forum member PC Pain on the cost of new lids.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
are you talking about the ones on the inner fairing? if so, those boogers are damned expensive, $89.40, each (msrp) :eek: and that's if they aren't color matched.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Skratch! that was exactly what I was looking for.

Surdyke.com Looks to be a good price @ $71.52

Funny thing is seems like a lot of online shops don't seem to carry both left and right lids. LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't if you are interested in a handle bar mount or not. I have a 2013 RGU and use a 'Lifeproof' phone cover. I bought the case which is waterproof, dust proof and shockproof. I also purchased a handle bar mount. It works well. I place it near the control on the left side. What I really like is the quick disconnect system lifeproof uses. I don't use it all the time and don't want a bracket there when not in use. If you or anyone wants a photo email me and I will try to send one. LOL new here and trying figure this site out.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
are you talking about the ones on the inner fairing? if so, those boogers are damned expensive, $89.40, each (msrp) :eek: and that's if they aren't color matched.
But the door come with new hinges. I don't think HD offers the glove box doors painted.

Thanks Skratch! that was exactly what I was looking for.

Surdyke.com Looks to be a good price @ $71.52

Funny thing is seems like a lot of online shops don't seem to carry both left and right lids. LOL

Did you call forum member PC Pain (Jon) at Horny Toad HD for a price on the doors. PC Pain prices are real good as well, many forum members buy from him.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
But the door come with new hinges. I don't think HD offers the glove box doors painted.

Did you call forum member PC Pain (Jon) at Horny Toad HD for a price on the doors. PC Pain prices are real good as well, many forum members buy from him.
hinge ($1.31) and hinge cover ($4.32), makes the door a virtual bargain

always recommend jon for parts. he's cost me a lot of money over the past few years. (not sure if that's a good thing or not :D)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Jetman, don't know if you've seen this mount or if you're interested but it's not huge and ugly and looks pretty cool. Iron Aces is a forum sponsor and has some of the best customer service you'll ever find.

http://http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/road-glide-iphone-android-garmin-zumo-gps-mount/
I may have to retract my statement about mounting on the handlebars... I didn't think about using my phone as a GPS while mounted. So, I am reconsidering my original idea.

The Ironcross Mount is nice looking and fairly unobtrusive. But not sure I like the location... I've got short arms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts