Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of a mod I did. I never understood why HD never put handles on these, but I found some License Plate bolts that worked quite well

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
man, I saw the post and thought you came up with a way to lock the glove boxes.. :( Nice mod though, good idea!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Add security to your Road Glides Glove Boxes

Dont know if you saw this ......

part # GL-1 Glove Box Lock Kit for Road Glide 79.00
e glide goodies
they say
Add security to your Road Glide's upper fairing glove boxes by incorporating chrome barrel locks. The GL-1 Kit comes complete with two dual slot show chrome barrel locks with cams, latches, mounting hardware, special drill bit and installation instructions. The barrel locks are dual slot allowing the rider to leave the door or doors unlocked with the same "no key needed" access as the stock doors or allowing the rider to lock one or both doors for added security. Easy installation
http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id145.html

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Dont know if you saw this ......

part # GL-1 Glove Box Lock Kit for Road Glide 79.00
e glide goodies
they say
Add security to your Road Glide's upper fairing glove boxes by incorporating chrome barrel locks. The GL-1 Kit comes complete with two dual slot show chrome barrel locks with cams, latches, mounting hardware, special drill bit and installation instructions. The barrel locks are dual slot allowing the rider to leave the door or doors unlocked with the same "no key needed" access as the stock doors or allowing the rider to lock one or both doors for added security. Easy installation
http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id145.html
Damn are they proud of those,.. I think I'll just keep on putting my stuff in my pockets or saddle bags for now ;)

And as for the handles,.. I like it. Something I might have to do :)

M

·
0 Posts
Love that - and to think I have had those extra skulls from my license plates sitting in a box wondering what to do with them! Thanks for the idea.

·
0 Posts
I spent the $79 dollars. I like being able to lock them. I just wish I would have known how to take the fairing off back then. The kit does include the drill bit to drill the holes.

T

·
0 Posts
I wish they opened from the side...but I do like the idea cueball...nice work

·
Registered
65 Posts
Damn are they proud of those,.. I think I'll just keep on putting my stuff in my pockets or saddle bags for now ;)

And as for the handles,.. I like it. Something I might have to do :)
I've never been a fan of overpaying for something just because it's marked "Harley Davidson". How about something like this for locking the glove boxes?

http://www.padlocks4less.com/1-1-8-tubular-cam-lock.html

Generic cam lock that you can mount in the lid, use a dremel to make a slot for the cam bar. Viola! you have locking glove boxes for under $10 each.

Mark B

1 - 20 of 42 Posts