Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's preferance for riding gloves? I have two pair from Harley that i've had for a while and are ok, but my hand always feelS sweaty in them. I dont know if its because I have the stock grips, and bars so that im not getting enough air flow over them Or what. Both gloves are "mechanics style", with a spandex mesh back and perforated leather palms, and both pair are full finger. The orange pair has some armor in the knuckles

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mechanic gloves always make my hands sweat to.

I've been wearing the same gloves for 6 years now. They are black dear skin... they were black. Standard gloves. They are fades on the backs with a hole on the tip of my left middle finger. I have bought several new pairs, but can't bring myself to ditch the old trusties.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mechanic gloves always make my hands sweat to.

I've been wearing the same gloves for 6 years now. They are black dear skin... they were black. Standard gloves. They are fades on the backs with a hole on the tip of my left middle finger. I have bought several new pairs, but can't bring myself to ditch the old trusties.
I've had the orange pair for about 5 or 6 years, and they are very comfortable. I don't think I noticed the sweatiness as much with my batwing, but i guess it has a different airflow pattern then my shark.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I have two pairs from Qwi which has the gel pad designed to prevent numbness. I really like them and was going to order a different style but they have run into distribution problems.

Reactions: JLydon537

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wear a pear called poker run,like em a lot.google em.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been wanting a pair of these Lee Parks designed gloves. I love deerskin no they seem like they would be great. I just am leery of buying a specific size over the interwebs.

http://www.leeparksdesign.com/deertours/
Those are some good looking gloves though.. I like that that are USA made too... but I agree with you on buying sized stuff on the webs...

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Had mine about 3 years, but they're manufactured by Gerbing, so quality is there. Gloves do take a beating though. No misconceptions there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have been wearing Eotec vickers duty gloves since 2012. They are great for dexterity and no comfort or sweaty issues. Gerbing heated for winter.
The wife just bought me some deerskin gloves and I am looking forward to trying them. However they are a little thick and I really enjoy a thinner glove for comfortable to hot weather riding.
Shooting and tac gloves have always been my favorite. But maybe because they are usually free issue. Thank you tax payers.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a pair of Victory MC gloves. They fit great and are never hot or sweaty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had a pair of deerskin gauntlets for about three seasons. Love them, but they are starting to wear out. Got a pair of Aerostich Competition Ropers last year. Absolutely love them. My hands were more comfortable in the ropers in the middle of Summer than with any of my perforated leather or textile gloves. The light color doesn't get warm in the sun.

The ropers performed really well when I went down at 60 mph this Fall. I slid a hundred feet or so. The gloves barely have wear marks and my hands came away unscathed.

I have Gerbing heated gloves for the really cold days.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a pair of leather and lined gloves I purchased at Wilson's Leathers about ten years ago. Actually had them on this weekend and they handled the cold we got in MD very well. On my way home in the evening, temp dropped to the high thirties, and I ran between 70 and 80 when traffic would allow. Hands are above the fairing because of my bars, but were still comfortable, not cold.

These are lined and soft inside with deer skin outers. They are long enough to cover my wrist, but not quite gauntlets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.