Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my GMR Compensaver oiling tray to install with the SE Compensator I will be getting next month and installing. This is a robust cast tray with something I didnt read about before. GMR is gluing a very strong magnet in the tray to catch any ferrous metal fragments before they get into to the Comp bore.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Too bad nobody can come up with a decent compensator, rather than a bunch of band-aids for the OEM POS.......
Yea, 'guess I'm going to have to treat compensators like brake pads ~ a wear item...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Yea, 'guess I'm going to have to treat compensators like brake pads ~ a wear item...

Those are some damn'd expensive brake pads.......
And it'd be one thing if it was a 117" hotord motor, but there are 96 and 103" STOCK motors. My 103 has less than 20,000 miles and compensator rattles and clangs every time I shut the bike off. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This Compensaver oiling tray will extend the life of the Compensator

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Evo Industries offers a non-comp sprocket, that way, no jee-jaws are needed.
Scott
How is it you recommend a non comp unit that can ruin the spline shaft on a stock flywheel assembly as well as do possible damage to the transmission shaft??

Palmer, your such a wealth of information. Im glad your banned from 2 other forums.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Those are some damn'd expensive brake pads.......
And it'd be one thing if it was a 117" hotord motor, but there are 96 and 103" STOCK motors. My 103 has less than 20,000 miles and compensator rattles and clangs every time I shut the bike off. Ridiculous.
I agree 110%, it is ridiculous! Even more so, I'm thinking of treating lifters as a wear item also...

'Am a bit leery of those sprockets (instead of compensators).

'Haven't seen any reliable, long term (high mile) feed back on the sprockets.

Like you said, Compensators (and lifters) are pretty expensive wear items, but no where near as expensive as Crankshafts and Cases...

BTW, had 2 failures on the '09 SERG, front rod bearings discovered during tear down for Stage III at 9.5k (stock, just pipes and chip) and front intake lifter (took out whole engine) at 21.5k, maintained with an open check book, and I don't beat on it.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
How is it you recommend a non comp unit that can ruin the spline shaft on a stock flywheel assembly as well as do possible damage to the transmission shaft??

Palmer, your such a wealth of information. Im glad your banned from 2 other forums.

You can be glad, sad, mad, or even attempt to be bad, but your thoughts on anything getting ruined are totally ludicrous.
Just simply contact Evo Industries. Period.
Absolutely no different whatsoever if someone was running a belt drive...........something you may consider before you post info that is incorrect.:)
Scott

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can be glad, sad, mad, or even attempt to be bad, but your thoughts on anything getting ruined are totally ludicrous.
Just simply contact Evo Industries. Period.
Absolutely no different whatsoever if someone was running a belt drive...........something you may consider before you post info that is incorrect.:)
Scott
I'm very glad your banned due to your repeated attempts to discount others who offer something you dislike or tell you your wrong, again.

To your wise and so experienced response, let's look at the hollow splined output shaft and the press fit crank pin in a stock flywheel assembly. It's already a weak setup and your advise is to remove a setup that does give some cushion to installing a setup that provides none.

Sorry but you might think your a guru of the NY mountains, but it doesn't pass the smell test with many of us

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm very glad your banned due to your repeated attempts to discount others who offer something you dislike or tell you your wrong, again.

To your wise and so experienced response, let's look at the hollow splined output shaft and the press fit crank pin in a stock flywheel assembly. It's already a weak setup and your advise is to remove a setup that does give some cushion to installing a setup that provides none.

Sorry but you might think your a guru of the NY mountains, but it doesn't pass the smell test with many of us
I believe there was a thread on this forum about the problem late model comp. and others that have the solid replacements sprockets recommended them as an alternative to the factory parts. They apparently don't agree with you either, so I say ban them all. My point is you obviously have some type of feud going on with Scott, settle it elsewhere. This shit gets OLD.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I believe there was a thread on this forum about the problem late model comp. and others that have the solid replacements sprockets recommended them as an alternative to the factory parts. They apparently don't agree with you either, so I say ban them all. My point is you obviously have some type of feud going on with Scott, settle it elsewhere. This shit gets OLD.
If you read post #6 Palmer had the disparaging comment of calling the tray "jee jaw". So Im in the wrong for calling him out with his known disrespectful history and being banned from other forums?? ......Funny :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If you read post #6 Palmer had the disparaging comment of calling the tray "jee jaw". So Im in the wrong for calling him out with his known disrespectful history and being banned from other forums?? ......Funny :rolleyes:
I'm not taking sides, just pointing out that the constant pissing contests get old. I don't care what other forums have done, I was hoping this forum would remain above all the B.S. the others seem to be ok with! Sorry you view this in your words as "Funny." I assure you it wasn't meant to be!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I get pretty sick of seeing Hillside put down other shop(s) input as well. If he (Scott) were to be banned here, it wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least.

I know for a fact, his behavior would not be tolerated on the other (non-HD) forums of which I am a member. He is very disrespectful and intolerant of others' opinions.

In the meanwhile, I do read his posts, which are entertaining, then disregarded.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts