Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After having problems with my HK , I have decided to go aftermarket. Here is what I plan to go with. Any comments or other ideas are welcome.

* Alpine head unit - CDE-HD 149BT
* Install kit - V-Twin Audio VTURCR, VTURA Universal dash adapter & VTWCR Water cover.
* Handle bar interface - PAC SWI - RC
* Scosche install kit. HD 7000 B.( bought for their adapter )

Already installed on bike is the* RF, PBR 300x2 into *Infinity 6.5 Kappa speakers Soon to be in lower fairings. Replaced them with......
*Infinity Kappa 5x7 682.11cf in the Shark nose.
Replaced the RF pbr 300x2 with the *Soundstream nano pn 4 520 D.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I've been running a Sony head unit with Biketronics kit for the handle bar controls. No more intercom or CB but never once used either so no loss for me. It's been in since last fall and no complaints so far.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been running a Sony head unit with Biketronics kit for the handle bar controls. No more intercom or CB but never once used either so no loss for me. It's been in since last fall and no complaints so far.
I don't have the cb or intercom either, so I won't miss those. I hardly ever used the weather station either since I got my Smart phone

I was up in the air about the handle bar interface. I decided to go with the PAC because of the price , and it still had great reviews.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I had a biketronics controller, I had problems with it. Went with the Pac RC and it's been perfect for almost 1000 miles controlling my double din. Very easy to set up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I too am starting to have issues with the stock HK(in the shop now and likely will be replaced as the aux Jack broke). Unfortunately, I do use the CB for inter-bike comms. May have to stat thinking of changing current protocols.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too am starting to have issues with the stock HK(in the shop now and likely will be replaced as the aux Jack broke). Unfortunately, I do use the CB for inter-bike comms. May have to stat thinking of changing current protocols.
Your kinda stuck with the HK if you use the cb & intercom. I was okay with the HK when everything worked.

·
Registered
264 Posts
After having problems with my HK , I have decided to go aftermarket. Here is what I plan to go with. Any comments or other ideas are welcome.

Alpine head unit - CDE-HD 149BT
Install kit - V-Twin Audio VTURCR, VTURA Universal dash adapter & VTWCR Water cover.
Handle bar interface - PAC SWI - RC

Already installed on bike is the RF, PBR 300x2 into Infinity 6.5 Kappa speakers.
I used the PAC and its just as advertised. Almost plug and play...had to ground ONE wire. Thats it.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used the PAC and its just as advertised. Almost plug and play...had to ground ONE wire. Thats it.
Are the instructions clear on what wire to cut and the rest of the installation ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are the instructions clear on what wire to cut and the rest of the installation ?
Yep. Looking at the bike from the front, you will cut the pink/white wire coming out/going into the grey plug on the right side of the bike LOOKING AT THE BIKE FROM THE FRONT. After you cut that wire, ground it and thats it. The PAC-SWI plugs directly into the harness from Scosche. All thats left after that is to program the unit. What part of georgia are you from?

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yep. Looking at the bike from the front, you will cut the pink/white wire coming out/going into the grey plug on the right side of the bike LOOKING AT THE BIKE FROM THE FRONT. After you cut that wire, ground it and thats it. The PAC-SWI plugs directly into the harness from Scosche. All thats left after that is to program the unit. What part of georgia are you from?
Do I need to buy that Scosche adapter too ? I was planning on buying the install kit off of V Twin Audio. I hope it has that adapter. I guess I need to make a few calls.

I'm from around the Savannah area.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
You'll need the schosche adapter to plug into the Pac or you'll have to solder in all the resistors. You can find both kits for under $90.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll need the schosche adapter to plug into the Pac or you'll have to solder in all the resistors. You can find both kits for under $90.
Will I be able to modify the schosche kit to accept the Vtwin splash guard ? I heard its not a direct fit.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Will I be able to modify the schosche kit to accept the Vtwin splash guard ? I heard its not a direct fit.
You'll only use the pre wired plug from the kit. Throw the plastic install kit away and order the VT win kit. If you go with the Pac you'll need the adapter that comes with the schosche kit. OR you'll solder all the resistors . Look at the kit online. You'll see what I mean. It's the stereo harness adapter to the Pac.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll only use the pre wired plug from the kit. Throw the plastic install kit away and order the VT win kit. If you go with the Pac you'll need the adapter that comes with the schosche kit. OR you'll solder all the resistors . Look at the kit online. You'll see what I mean. It's the stereo harness adapter to the Pac.
Got ya , thanks

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All pieces and parts have arrived. Deconstruction starts tomorrow. :)

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,039 Posts

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last night I spent about an hour or so on deconstruction. Evey thing went pretty painless.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tonight, I started new construction. I started out grinding down the mold marks smooth on the inside of the fairing so the V-Twin install bracket would fit tight up against the inside of the fairing.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Then the install was a breeze with the V-Twin stereo cabinet. Everything fit like a glove.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All that's left is to start touching wires together until Polka music fills the garage
With pure bliss. :eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 148 Posts