Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I wasn't planning on going to the 110th festivities in Milwaukee, but I won a contest and now I'm heading to Wisconsin!

I usually try to stay off the interstate when traveling and that's the plan for this ride too.

Wondering if any forum members live near our planned nightly stops: Pagosa Springs, CO; McCook, NE; Cedar Rapids, IA; Racine, WI; St Joseph, MO; Dodge City, KS; Roswell, NM.

Looks to be a 4,000 mile trip. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^Haha! What'd you win?
Two packages that contain 3-day passes to Summerfest grounds, ticket lanyard, 110th anniversary pocket guide, 110th poker chip, 110th guitar pick, can koozie for $1 beer and $1 water at the museum. Plus early entry on Thursday for Lynyrd Skynyrd concert.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I went to the 105th. It was a good time. Good thing you won that prize. Hotel rooms are running $300+ a night. Most have a 2 night stay minimum.

I'll keep an eye out for you. Shouldn't be too hard finding a bald dude with a grey beard on a bagger....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
110th

We went to the 100th and the 105th and wouldn't miss the 110th. Leaving Central PA Saturday the 24th. Buffalo 1st nite for wings at the Anchor Bar. Night 2 in Port Huron after a trip thru Canada and a ferry back into the US. Mackinaw Bridge for night 3 after following the thumb and forefinger of MI. Upper Pen to Milwaukee, arriving on day 4. 700 miles as the crow flies; almost 1300 for our route. Watch for my Red 'Glide in the front :cool: of the Parade Saturday. Have a great time; we will!

·
Registered
983 Posts
My buddy and I are heading there from Edmonds WA. Leaving Aug 23rd, returning around Sept 7th. No freeways. It looks like about 5,000 miles round trip.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where are you staying in racine
There are 3 of us riding up and we are staying with one dude's cousin. Can't beat that given what hotels are charging during the week.
Plan to checkout the museum, the powertrain operation, area dealers and, naturally, the summerfest grounds. Got a niece in Rockford I'll probably visit too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
We're heading up Thursday 29th from sycamore il. Staying in Brookfield wis.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Wife and I will be riding up from TN, getting there the 28th. I do not get home from off shore until 1800 the 27th so its a long one day ride for us. She will be on her bike, and I will by riding my 110th Anniversary CVO Road King. I will be in the parade on Sat which is why I am riding it vice my Road Glide.

Should be a good time.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's getting closer... leaving in 2 weeks.
Met with my 2 buds this morning to plan everything: our intended routes up & back; when we want to go to the museum, headquarters and the powertrain plant; what shows we want to catch at Summerfest.
We're planning to ride into Chicago one day, check out the street parties, maybe check out the happenings at Milwaukee H-D.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Check out Hal's, in New Berlin. It's just west of Milwaukee, south of I-94. I'll probably be helping out there, with parking, beertending, security, or something.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts