Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving July 4th and going to run to Butte MO. Mapquest say 1054 miles one way. Then friday going to backtrack alittle bit and drop into the Custer NP and run down to lander WY. So should be fun and the weather looks nice. Never been in Custer any good roads I should look for... Thanks and Ride Safe....

·
Registered
179 Posts
2FAST,
I have been planing my first run at the 1000 mile/24 hour. I don't plan on telling anyone unit i'm done incase i get nowhere and call for a trailer. I hope you get it first try.
Ride safe

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ride Safe, keep hydrated and never ride faster than your angel can fly.

When I did my Saddlesore 1000, I had a partner, and we made sure to catch a catnap twice during the ride when that double yellow line came too close to being crossed. If you are doing all highway, it should be a cakewalk, have fun, you can do it, you just need a 44 mph average at least.

Scoop

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
There aren't any bad roads in Custer State Park. The wildlife loop, Needles Hwy, and Iron Mountain Rd. Hit em all or leave one so you have an excuse to go back. That whole area of SD is riddled with great roads to ride.

Have a great trip and ride safe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we made it, Done deal. Left 5:00am on the 4th from St.Paul MN, end in Butte MT. FYI Mapquest is off alittle bit. LOL. Total mileage from my front door to Hotel was 1113.6 miles. I made it in 17.5 hours. Total milage from the 4 days was 2560, so not a bad weekend.. Have to get all my paper work rready and send off to IBA... FYI we did it double up with the old lady on the back, she was a trooper and never bitched once.... FYI I think I killed my fair share of bugs, and I smoked a little bird..(Shark was hungry) all I seen was feathers... Ride safe, and Yellowstone NP sucks on the 4th of July weekend. About 6 million trucks, campers, hikers and Yuppies.. Oh well been there done that now.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Congrats on getting it done. I can't wait to give it a go Big Wheel and all!
Even better to have enjoyed it with the lady! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts