Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,426 Posts
Interesting, I know a few people with Wings who will be shocked to hear this.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I thought Goldwings were manufactured here in the US because the biggest market is here. Could be mistaken, but thought my cousin who’s been riding them since they first came out told me that a few years back. 🤷‍♂️

ETA: A quick search indicates they were produced in Ohio for about 30 years, but production was moved to Japan in 2010. Too bad…..

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,711 Posts
I call the BS flag on this one. He's very careful to use words like "might", "possibly", "could", there wasn't much of what he said that was expressed as a fact. I think he's trolling for subscribers. The US is it's biggest market, it's Honda's most profitable model, it's viewed by Honda as an Iconic, almost 'sacred', model. There's no way I can see it going away here.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
The GEN 3 was an amazing machine . Video sounds like he does not really have all the information yet.
If The GW is done HD will be wiped off the planet.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Lots of speculation so far, from the end of the model to just in certain locations and certain models to an electric version. I'll just hide and watch....

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I call the BS flag on this one. He's very careful to use words like "might", "possibly", "could", there wasn't much of what he said that was expressed as a fact. I think he's trolling for subscribers. The US is it's biggest market, it's Honda's most profitable model, it's viewed by Honda as an Iconic, almost 'sacred', model. There's no way I can see it going away here.
On YouTube?! No way!!! :) :) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Shark!
686 Posts
Every country in the world is trying to cut emissions yet 2 of the biggest offenders China and India will continue to pollute the world. Its like quitting smoking yet living in the same house
with 10 chain smokers.
Understand…although, we have to start somewhere and eventually others will follow, the new generation will demand…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
The GW gen3 is automatic and from what I had heard a turly modern engine. We shall see. .If Honda can not sell a bike in the market . HD does not have a chance.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,711 Posts
So now we think it's NOT going away as a touring model, it's just going through a total re-make. That makes sense, they're overdue for a major update. Typically, every X number of years they do it new from the ground up to showcase their new model that usually shares few parts with the previous model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts