Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read around, but as new parts come out old recommendations fade away...

I have a $20 XL cover from Walmart that actually fits pretty good but the first time I used it and left Judy out in the rain I found my bike had a lot of condensation and water spots underneath... no good. Wasn't expecting much for $20 but I needed something right then and there.

I stopped in my local shop and they recommended this "Guardian By Dowco - WeatherAll Plus Indoor/Outdoor Motorcycle Cover" which they were selling for like $30 over Amazon and I wasn't sure about the brand, so I didn't buy it but after reading up a bit it seems pretty legit.

Any other recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I've read around, but as new parts come out old recommendations fade away...

I have a $20 XL cover from Walmart that actually fits pretty good but the first time I used it and left Judy out in the rain I found my bike had a lot of condensation and water spots underneath... no good. Wasn't expecting much for $20 but I needed something right then and there.

I stopped in my local shop and they recommended this "Guardian By Dowco - WeatherAll Plus Indoor/Outdoor Motorcycle Cover" which they were selling for like $30 over Amazon and I wasn't sure about the brand, so I didn't buy it but after reading up a bit it seems pretty legit.

Any other recommendations? Thanks!
I use that cover on my crotch rocket. It sits outside all spring summer and first part of fall. Keeps it clean and dry. Well made covers.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I will admit to owning two of those cheap Walmart ones. They have served me well and fit the RGU. Problems is I can not find another of the same size I have. Walmart changes stuff. I would not use it inside it is for rain. Should I want to cover them in side I have the full size Cloth HD ones that are over priced for darn sure but work great they are 10 years old now still look new.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
The $20 Walmart ones are constantly changing. I have one with soft cloth for the windscreen, vents, and quality heat shields for the exhaust. Another that is almost see through. A few in between. Bought most of them on the road when I bugged out and didn't pack.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Dowco, the best way to go, they make a variety to pick from so you can match your goals

Reactions: koryu2u

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm scared to use a cover outdoors. With the wind flapping it around I would be afraid of the paint getting rubbed up. I just wax the heck out of mine and wash it often. On this new bike I think I'll use Gyeon quartz top coat. I saw a BMW car treated with it and was very impressed.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I'm scared to use a cover outdoors. With the wind flapping it around I would be afraid of the paint getting rubbed up. I just wax the heck out of mine and wash it often. On this new bike I think I'll use Gyeon quartz top coat. I saw a BMW car treated with it and was very impressed.
I wipe the bike down before covering it when I am on a trip, but it does all depend where you are riding. I also tie the cover down at 4 points to keep it from moving much. I never cover my bike if the wind is up, but I do look for hotels with large overhangs that I can park my bike under. Out west where there is no morning dew it doesn't matter much.

The heavy covers with soft liners won't move around but take up a lot of room in your luggage. My cover and rain gear go in my trunk rack bag.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The best cover made, imho, for our touring bikes is “EZ Touring Motorcycle Covers”
Made in Madras, Oregon. Have had couple for different bikes, been using these for 10+ years in many trips. Quality +

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts