Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would pass this along. I just bought their $699.99 motorcycle lift table for $343.99. It was on Black Friday sale for $429.99 and then I ran off a 20% off coupon which they honored which took off an additional $86.00.:cool:

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I see it here for 299 every three months.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
They also have $299 coupons all the time.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feel kinda dumb now. There goes my bubble. POP!! lol:eek:

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Just do yourself a favor. Check the oil in the jack before you put the bike on it. Mine came filled already but others I know we're empty. And don't worry its still worth the price

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just do yourself a favor. Check the oil in the jack before you put the bike on it. Mine came filled already but others I know we're empty. And don't worry its still worth the price
Will do, thanks for the warning. I am assembling it now. Kinda heavy...doing it alone.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
I'm talking about the foot pump table. With the table all the way down remove the rear tire plate and pull the plug out of the jack and top off the hydraulic fluid. Some come full some dont

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm talking about the foot pump table. With the table all the way down remove the rear tire plate and pull the plug out of the jack and top off the hydraulic fluid. Some come full some dont
I pulled the plug and couldn't see any hydraulic fluid although it was wet. So started to put the plug back in until I can get some. I have a question. Is there an easy way to get that damn plug back in or can it be replaced with something different??? I did manage to get it back in using a screw driver but afraid I might damage it. Are the reservoirs under any pressure? I wouldn't think so.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
I'd reuse the plug that's there. There will be pressure when the lift is up. It will leak and spray out if it raised and the plug gets removed which will make the lift come down rapidly. Always check and fill it when the lift is down. Also when you're sure its full close the plug and pump the lift up and down a couple times

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd reuse the plug that's there. There will be pressure when the lift is up. It will leak and spray out if it raised and the plug gets removed which will make the lift come down rapidly. Always check and fill it when the lift is down. Also when you're sure its full close the plug and pump the lift up and down a couple times
I understand all that, just wanted to know what the trick (if there is one) to reinserting the rubber plug is. Its a bitch (for me) to do and I had to resort to using a flat head screw driver and was wondering if there is an easer, better way.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Mine used a threaded metal plug. Not sure about the rubber one. Are you pulling the correct one?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your lift is gay. :) He's pulling the right one. 2 different tables mine is a plug. Wet the plug with some lube and get it in there anyway. Screwdriver method is good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Guess I lucked out not having the gay one, although screwing would be a lot easer LOL. Thanks for the feed back.:D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went to the auto parts store for hydraulic fluid. They had hydraulic fluid and hydraulic oil. A friend informed me there IS a difference in viscosity. Is this true? Which one should I have purchased? I went with the Hydraulic Fluid.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I actually spent a lot of money and got a wheel dock chock, I have a hf chock but my legs are too short to pull the glide out of it. I use the hf chick for my low rider.

I also grabbed a couple of 4x4, and lay them next to the lift for when I ride up as a security blanket

ImageUploadedByMO Free1417482067.981882.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 52 Posts