Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to move things around a bit and get a double din radio. Anyone using one? Looking for recommandations.. I wanted to wait till clarion put out there slim radio (no dvd or CD) to save on weight and size. But they pushed it again. Also considered the APP Radio, just unsure what to get..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not liking the iPad setup? Or just switching it up for features?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
No I love the setup But I want to change it up a bit.. i would like to have my ipad a little more in reach and the new position will also cut down on the glare a bit. So if I break it up a bit I can get better utilization of both electronic devices.. :)

Thats my problem always thinking LOL

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Keep us posted.
I believe Q asked this question, I can't remember if it was here or on another forum but I believe Kenwood got good marks for it's usability and functions. Maybe hit him up as he's in the search for the same thing.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a plan. Keep us posted.
I believe Q asked this question, I can't remember if it was here or on another forum but I believe Kenwood got good marks for it's usability and functions. Maybe hit him up as he's in the search for the same thing.

Thanks ill do that.. Really is too bad clarion hasnt released theirs yet.. I need to open it up and fix the handlebar controls so might as well do the radio as well PAC unit is a pain the butt. bomb proof once they are working though..

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Not an easy decision, but I ended up getting the Pioneer avh-x8500. it has a detachable face, two USB a SD card slot and 3.5mm aux port. Along with Satellite ready, HD radio, rear camera, BT and a host of other options.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it looks like I am going to go with Kenwood Excelon DNX691HD. I decided to go with nav in the headunit so I can free up the Ipad for other things if needed. Install is cheap local to me, should have went in this direction sooner. Live and learn though :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
DS, let me know how it turns out (that means pics):D, I am in the same boat trying to decide on which DD to go with. It will be Pioneer or K-Wood... Both has some good stuff to offer just trying to decide how important NAV is to me!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DS, let me know how it turns out (that means pics):D, I am in the same boat trying to decide on which DD to go with. It will be Pioneer or K-Wood... Both has some good stuff to offer just trying to decide how important NAV is to me!
Sure will do.. Not sure the models but I looked at the pioneers and the HD screen and sound was better from the Kenwood. As far as Nav goes, I may never use it, then again if I go to digital guages the ipad will be gone and it is nice to have that feature still avilable on the bike not something strapped on somewhere.

Last year I would have used it twice, but service coverage on my phone sucks and I been using the "Find" (places to eat, movies) more on the gps then I used too. Plus the non-gps unit was 699 with gps 899 so Gps wins :)

Anyway thats my warped reasoning lol, going for the install in 2 weeks they are changing out the handlebar controls to a access unit instead of Pac (no external resistors on that unit and harley friendly)

We will see how it works out :) ill keep you updated

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You can't beat it for $40 bucks.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts