Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is cold out this morning 18 below zero this morning in our driveway. The snow that came is now hard as a rock. Not the coldest it ever gets but no madder where you are 18 below is cold. It is amazing how the cars we have today start in this weather. No block heaters needed. No chargers on the battery to keep them up. Just hit the start button and they fire right up. You don't have to go back to many years and anything not in a heat garage was no going to start. If someone forgot to plug the block heater in you were not going to make it to work. Heck many would not start even if plugged in. Brand new batteries would not even turn over the engine. Don't even think about starting the Polaris this morning . The CanAms will be just fine. If it is going to break today is the day it will. This is how February goes out.
At 0330 let the Dogs out , at 0332 they were back in the house. Made wife's breakfast and enjoyed a cup of coffee. 0400 started her car . From a distance of 20 feet I reminded her if she had gotten her retirement papers done in November she would not even be up yet.
Enjoying a pot of coffee , wake Payton up at 0530 , get her ready for school and take her there. Retirement is not bad at all.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I can relate, except I walk outside and it is 70 with a bit of fog, a good day to be retired.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Yea we were 28 this mornin' Brr that's cold. What day is it :ROFLMAO: who cares......

·
Registered
281 Posts
If I didn't get up and go to work in the morning I wouldn't know what to do. I have heard a lot of people say that you retire and then you die, so I intend to work until I can't, and I need the money for my motorcycle habit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,041 Posts
Best thing about retirement? You go to bed when you're tired .... and wake up when you're not! 'No alarm clock' zone.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Being "Retired" ain't all that it's cracked up to be, LOL!!!
I tell everyone that since I retired I've been working harder than when I had three jobs.
I sure wish I was in "Uncle Fuzzy Land" enjoying the warm weather.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I enjoyed the rush of working. Both my life long career choices supplied plenty of adrenaline rush to keep me interested. Never really considered retiring. Wife and I did plan knowing it would be a forced thing someday. At 60 I choose to retire the second time to help with one of our grandchildren. I have not spent a boring day sense. Worked out well Mother in law is 88 now and while she can still keep up with most in their 20's she needs more help now. retirement has allowed me time to become friends with my son in law.
It took a year for the phone to stop ringing day and night. Something I do not miss one bit. This morning it is 11 degrees out. I can choose to go out in it or not. After sun up Payton and I will take a short ride in the small sidecar just because we can.
My wife will retire in June . Then this journey will take a new path. Have been working on away for granddaughter to travel a bit with us, even mother in law if she wants. While allowing us to ride.
Wife and I will of course still take off alone as we have done for a long time. Payton studies the Smoky Mountains in school. I want to take her there. She loves Dragons so she will ride the dragon.
The trailer is almost setup as I want it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts