Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my recent emails to Windvest Doug asked, and I agreed, to send him my RGS OEM shield so as he can start the process to make his excellent Windvest shields for the 2015 Road Glide faring.

My stock shield is boxed up, labeled, and awaiting pickup tomorrow morning. :)

regards,

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's good news! Did he give any indication on how long it would be before they are available?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good news! Did he give any indication on how long it would be before they are available?
No, he did not state any specific timeline to me.

Doug just said he was anxious to get a stock 2015 shield so as to evaluate it's new attachment points and shape change relative to the new design faring so as he could start producing a Windvest version.

He did say that he had ordered one from HD earlier in Aug, but he had no information as to when it would show up. That is why he asked if I would send him mine.

regards,

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Update:

Received a phonecall from Doug today. He informed me the T&E pre-production phase of their new 2015 shield is complete and they are going to start their first run.

I did not ask about any time frame for delivery, but he did say availability would be soon.

regards,

·
Registered
149 Posts
Spoke with Doug on 10/30 and placed an order for a 12" light smoke. He said I should have the new shield in one to two weeks. It will be interesting to see what Windvest has come up with for the 2015.

·
Registered
508 Posts
:cool:I have a 12" windvest on my 2012 glide, tried many different windshield - like the windvest the best.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not redbaron, but I have a 13" Windvest on my 2011 RGU.

I can hear the music from my speakers very well up to 45mph, and pretty good up to 65mph. After about 70mph I still hear the music, but not as clearly as below 65mph. This is while wearing a half helmet w/earplugs.

regards,

·
Registered
149 Posts
Doug just let me know my 12" light smoke Windvest for the 2015 RG is shipping today. Now I just have to wait for the UPS guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts