Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at my dealer with a buddy today and on my way out the door the Parts Manager hollers at me and ask me if I have a painted inner fairing for my bike yet. I tell him no but it's on my list. He tells me he's gonna sell the one hanging on the wall at cost. I ask how much? He say $300. I was like shit yeah, I'll come get it tomorrow. He's holding it for me. I think this is a great price but thought I'd ask on here. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Does it come with the speed/tach bezel ??

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
A very good price. Right place at the right time always works.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Thanks guys!! I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. I don't think it comes with the speed tach bezel. I'm gonna need to get one tho.
Then it is not that good of a price!! HD painted inner fairings always come with the painted speed/tach bezel at least they do if you order a painted inner from HD. Make sure the painted inner has the speed/tach bezel and if it doesn't pass up the deal.
You can get your inner fairing and speed/tach bezel painted at a local painter for around $300.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then it is not that good of a price!! HD painted inner fairings always come with the painted speed/tach bezel at least they do if you order a painted inner from HD. Make sure the painted inner has the speed/tach bezel and if it doesn't pass up the deal.
You can get your inner fairing and speed/tach bezel painted at a local painter for around $300.
Well I picked it up today and does come with the speedo/tach cover and the 2 pieces that run from the acc controls on down plus all the hardware. So it sounds like it turned out to be a good deal. Now does anyone know how long it really takes to swap out an inner fairing. Harley said 4 hrs :rolleyes: I have an Indy guy that beats Harley by quite a bit but haven't heard back from him yet. Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Really swapping them is pretty easy I think. Easier than a batwing. Best to have an extra set of hands to help out. Seems like it took me less than 4hrs tho. Best $ I spent other than bars..

Btw, I paid $350 to have mine painted gloss black.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I know a guy that can swap them out in 30mins. But he does it for a living. Paul from Painted Harley Fairings on FB. I bet you can do it easily in under 2hrs.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
$300 for everything is definitely a deal. Even if you have to pay someone to swap it out for you you'd still be making out

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Yep you got a good deal! Just swap it out yourself it is easy to do. There are some threads on doing the swap so just do a search and read up before tackling the job.
I did mine by myself and it only took around 3 hours and a couple of beers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts