Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm jumping in and will be modding my scoot this winter and thought I'd throw up a build thread for giggles. Here is a list of what I will be doing -

Top Shop 4.5" new style stretched bags
Top shop Misfit rear fender
Hog Pro 21" wrapper front fender
HD chrome front end kit
21" 52 fat spoke front and 16" 52 fat spoke rear. Both in chrome
FBI low profile dash
To eliminate the license plate hoop and the tour pack mounts for the 07 I will be using the Bad Dad license plate relocation kit and the FBI tour pack mount for a 2007. This will clean up the ass end and still allow me to use the detach tour pack.

Color scheme will be House of Kolors galaxy gray and House of Kolors candy cherry.

Here is the color choice

Here is what I'm starting with

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
12,316 Posts
Can't wait to see this, I'm following.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Very sharp colors, how are you laying them out on the bike?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very sharp colors, how are you laying them out on the bike?
I'm not artistic nor am I good with explaining things :D My painter has come up with a basic concept/drawing and I trust it will look sweet. You will just have to wait until it's close to done or until the final reveal to find out.
All I will say is no more upside down Nike swoosh.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Yeah the upside down Nike gets to you after a while.

The color scheme is great, the contrast should be eye catching for sure.

Not sure I would go with a fancy wheel on the rear again. Nobody really sees it except for me when I have the bike on the lift or the bags off cleaning them. In hindsight I should have put that money into better front suspension.

But I also know that having the rear wheel matching gives me a sense of satisfaction that it is "matched".

Keep the pictures coming as the changes happen.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That's going to look great. I'll have to ride over and see it when you are done.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing this progress pacfan. It sounds like its going to look real good. I like the fat spokes for sure. I'm just not crazy about the cleaning and maintaining. I'm a fan of the matching rear even if they aren't seen by most. Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
587 Posts
[quoteColor scheme will be House of Kolors galaxy gray and House of Kolors candy cherry.

Here is the color choice

[/quote]

Those colors are going make your bike HOT. Any graphics or pinstripes?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. I'm working with a guy (won't name him yet) that is doing the paint and he has the scheme worked out. The primary color will be the gray but there will also be a good bit of the cherry as the accent and there will be a lighter gray pinstripe between the two.
The spokes are a great look but I'm probably gonna have them for sale after SW4 due to the cleaning :D We'll see. I also thought about not doing the back wheel because it will rarely be seen and even a bigger pain in the butt to clean but the thought of miss matched wheels would bug the crap out of me and not feel complete.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I agree on the mismatch wheels bugging you. Wheels are just made to be matched. Those colors are gonna be great together too. Those fat spokes just have a certain character too! I'll be following this build so keep those pics coming!

·
Registered
490 Posts
subscribed. Love when ppl do custom paint!

also love fat spoke wheels, post pics when you can!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Yo man, the nail motion theory, or physic's determines thru emperical equations and formulas that...the front tire throws the nail/screw pointed upright into (impals) the rear tire, no sht ya, keep the back ready to plug, even if it's with twigs and fix-a-flat:cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts
That ought to b a sweet combo! I like the HOK candy brandy wine also, looks very similar.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts