Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one today, hope it's as good as they advertise. Missed some good shots while riding down the road. I hope to alleviate that with the Gopro. I have three rallies coming up and a trip to the tail of the dragon, all in Sept. and Oct. Looking to get some good video's and pics too. Now if I just had a hard bodied woman with ink and long hair I would be ready to roll.....:)

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
My buddy has one. That thing is fantastic. There's a few different options or models of the gopro camera. I'm not sure which model my buddy has but it makes great quality videos. Check out youtube for some videos. I'd buy one but I don't want to spend $500 on one

Reactions: Singlebeam

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
I got the 3+ silver for Christmas '13 , great quality video and can also do time lapse pics , some of the accessories for attaching to things seem kind a flimsy tho' ..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I want one, just don't think it'll be worth the price. I don't see the excitement of recording rides besides using it if you get into an accident.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want one, just don't think it'll be worth the price. I don't see the excitement of recording rides besides using it if you get into an accident.
There are places I would like for people to see. A video will better represent the scenery better than I can describe it to them. I don't see it becoming an accident issue. Turn it on and ride. Stop and turn it off, no issue. Gotta be smarter than what you are working with. Like cell phones, gotta know where and when to use them.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I have the 2nd Gen GoPro. Amazing video! It captures things I didn't see. I mount it on my helmet. Too much vibration on some bikes to mount it on the bike. Haven't tried it on the Harley.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Most of the mounts seem flimsy, but hold up really well. If you watch any motor sports shows, you'll see Go Pros mounted on the outside of the involved vehicles, usually using the suction cup mounts.
Lil Chief

Reactions: RoadGypsy

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Ive had the Hero 2 for years. Ive taken it every where with me. Scuba diving in the Virgin Islands, racing Mustangs at Nola Motor Sports etc. Your gonna love it. Go ahead and buy the accessories pack with the different mounts and be done with it. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Most of the mounts seem flimsy, but hold up really well. If you watch any motor sports shows, you'll see Go Pros mounted on the outside of the involved vehicles, usually using the suction cup mounts.
Lil Chief
Here is the mount I am going to use. I will remove the camera mount from the crappy handlebar mount and mount it on the mount in the 2nd pic. I already have the mount in the 2nd pic. it's very well made. heavy aluminum powder coated piece. I use it for my power vision when I need it. It will double as my camera mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
I like mine. Get the remote if you can swing it. Easier than the phone app and makes turning it on and off a breeze if you have it mounted somewhere you can't reach it. There's also an aftermarket cover available that lets you keep it plugged in on the bike or even to an external battery pack. The internal battery is short lived, especially using wifi.

Reactions: Singlebeam

·
Registered
24 Posts
What are you doing for mounts?

Handlebars no good unless I use a very long extension to shoot over all of the cockpit. I have lots of shots from crashbars. I have used suction cup inside the fairing. Works for a while but then the bugs build up and ruin the shot. Have mounted it on tour-pak to get side shots.

The suction cup will attache outside the windshield above the headlight but I have not had the courage to ride any distance that way. Afraid that it will come loose and cause mayhem in the front wheel area. I had one of the mounts break when mounted to crash bar and my camera went for a tumble. No damage to the camera but I did opt to replace the housing since I have the dive housing.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
There are places I would like for people to see. A video will better represent the scenery better than I can describe it to them. I don't see it becoming an accident issue. Turn it on and ride. Stop and turn it off, no issue. Gotta be smarter than what you are working with. Like cell phones, gotta know where and when to use them.
I understand the scenery. But as for accident's, I was saying they are useful incase of an accident, as in you have proof of who is at fault, or what actually happened.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Lil Chief
I have a GoPro 2 and have been using it while riding, surfing, boating, wakeboarding, skiing, hunting, fishing. The thing is amazing and it is totally worth the money. Underwater shots are amazing as well. If you want memories from the past there's know better way to capture those times. I hook up my GoPro to a mini HDMI cable and play it on a 70" LED Smart TV and wow what a great way to view your action. The unit also takes great HD pictures.
Swomack

https://youtu.be/VQ-n8an5Uqw

https://youtu.be/QNQQPxH_0BM

https://youtu.be/tXt7PIkfRgw

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Thanks for sharing Swomack. I've got some cool video of me following the kids snow skiing. I'll try and post when I get home.

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
32 Posts
i use a S-CAM, basically a go pro clone, 1080p, shoots really good video and most gopro stuff works with it.

i got the camera, mounts, and 3 batteries for 80 bucks, look it up on youtube

1 - 20 of 41 Posts