Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome. Might of been able to go 16" but think it would of taken looks away... Listening to tunes now is i stead of 6 out of 17 im on 4, instead of 8-10 out of 17 now 6 and sounds awesome. Listening at 8-9 out of 17 is loud as hell... And all i have it Hertz Millie MLK 1650.3 Legends in fairing and Biketronics BT4180 Amp.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have a freedom shield as well, amazing how the air cleans up and how much better you can hear your tunes, and the quality fuggetboutit! its second to none.:grin:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
WTF? No pictures or info about your height? What Good does it do to tell us that your 15” shield is the cats ass unless you, at least, tell us how tall you are. Doesn’t help me decide which shield to try and I can’t see your purchase to be jealous so this is a pointless thread Sir.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I’ve got a 14” FS, 2016 Ultra, mustang 79446 solo seat, 5’11 with 31 inseam. It’s a great shield.. but I need a 15”..my seat sets me back a bunch but a little higher.... Freedom makes a great product!!... anyone out there gotta 15” light tint?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm 6'3" with long torso and sitting on a LePera Maverick DLL. The 15" Freedom dark tint is PERFECT for me!

Reactions: texasnurse

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm 6'3" with long torso and sitting on a LePera Maverick DLL. The 15" Freedom dark tint is PERFECT for me!
Thank you! That is very relevant info for me ....so the wind is going right OVER your helmet on that seat with that 15in screen height? There won't be any difference in frame set-up between your 15 and a 2019...I may well follow your lead with the Freedom height....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Thank you! That is very relevant info for me ....so the wind is going right OVER your helmet on that seat with that 15in screen height? There won't be any 0difference in frame set-up between your 15 and a 2019...I may well follow your lead with the Freedom height....[/QUOTE

Call John at Freedom, he will walk you through it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I ordered mine today, 14" dark tint. I'm 5' 9" sitting on a Hammock seat and should be about perfect from all the research I have done.

·
Registered
820 Posts
WTF? No pictures or info about your height? What Good does it do to tell us that your 15” shield is the cats ass unless you, at least, tell us how tall you are. Doesn’t help me decide which shield to try and I can’t see your purchase to be jealous so this is a pointless thread Sir.
whitiey tighty i'm 6' 285lbs with a 38" inseam i run a 14" on my rgu love it, if you want to see it go to my garage all my pics are there otherwise this is a pointless post.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Call John at Freedom, he will walk you through it.
Great advise from Kiwidave. Talk to John. He'll pick your brain a little then recommend a size. He knows what he's talking about. They ship their shields wrapped in a clear protective wrap. They encourage you to leave the wrap on, mount the shield, and take it for a test ride. If you don't like it and want one slightly taller or shorter, you can send it back for an exchange as long as you leave the wrap on. You have to pay the freight back for the exchange. Other than that expense, it's a no-lose proposition dealing with John and the folks from Freedom.

Mine's a 17" clear. I'm 6'4 with a 33-34" inseam. Photos taken with 12" Factory 47 Signature bars for perspective. Must have posted pics before, because system won't let me post them again. Added them to my garage if you're curious.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Thank you! That is very relevant info for me ....so the wind is going right OVER your helmet on that seat with that 15in screen height? There won't be any difference in frame set-up between your 15 and a 2019...I may well follow your lead with the Freedom height....
Yep, and I wear and Arai Quantum X helmet most of the time (when it is really hot I wear a half helmet). Both helmets have zero buffeting or wind slap.

When I contacted John at Freedom, he thought the 16" would probably work for me but I was afraid of it being in my line of sight (especially being a dark tint), so I went with the 15". I can see over it easily and it combined with my lowers gives me great wind blockage!

Reactions: kiwidave

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Reactions: JohnNH

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
John at Freedom reccomends taping cardboard at the height you think that you'll need and going for a ride. It not only gives you style points, but you can really tell where your eyes fall. Measurements are on the Freedom website

·
Registered
397 Posts

6’3” 36” jean inseam, 34” fitted inseam
LePera Maverick DLL
15” Freedom ST
Shoei Gt-Air
Same seat, same dimensions, same windscreen in medium tint though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm 5'10" with 30" inseam and have a 15" light tint and worked perfect for me. Really love Freedom Shields great customer service and product

·
Registered
519 Posts
I ordered mine today, 14" dark tint. I'm 5' 9" sitting on a Hammock seat and should be about perfect from all the research I have done.
My 11" medium tint Freedom Touring could be an inch shorter and I would still be fine. Bike is a RGS, HD Rallyrunner seat.

I am 5'9" also and I am afraid that a 14" Freedom shield may be be too high for you, particularly in dark tint. Your Hammock may make a difference. Don't take the protective film off it until you are sure that it is the right height.

·
Registered
779 Posts
My 11" medium tint Freedom Touring could be an inch shorter and I would still be fine. Bike is a RGS, HD Rallyrunner seat.

I am 5'9" also and I am afraid that a 14" Freedom shield may be be too high for you, particularly in dark tint. Your Hammock may make a difference. Don't take the protective film off it until you are sure that it is the right height.
Thanks for the suggestion! That is the plan.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts