Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting one of these low profile scissor jacks ever since I seen my local Indy using one in his shop. With my winter projects coming on I decided it was time. Bought it on ebay from Eastern Performance. This is a heavy weight jack and very stable. Its rated at 1000 lbs. $109.00 delivered, but if you call them they'll sweeten the deal. Beats my Craftsman (red) motorcycle jack hands down.

http://www.easternperformance.com/products.php?product=EPC-1000-Pound-Cycle-Scissor-Jack-Lift-for-Harley-and-Metric-Motorcycles

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hey congrats on the score! Looks a lot more stable than this, uhm ... "device"! :p

Just messin with ya' man. :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
These jacks are a must in my book ~ seem to make alot of things easier... Enjoy..

·
Registered
139 Posts
What is the height of the jack when it is closed? Not a lot of info on the specs at the website.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I have the exact same scissor jack from them. Bought mine a year ago and it does work great. I think it's like 3 or 4-inches when closed.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey congrats on the score! Looks a lot more stable than this, uhm ... "device"! :p

Just messin with ya' man. :D
Hey, that took a lot of creativity!

Messed around on the bike this evening and I am really pleased with the jack. If you have ever removed your shocks you know its kind of tough to get the weight on the tire/swing arm just right to get the bolts out easily while using a regular hydraulic cycle jack. Not with this, the screw makes it micro adjustable.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hey, that took a lot of creativity!

Messed around on the bike this evening and I am really pleased with the jack. If you have ever removed your shocks you know its kind of tough to get the weight on the tire/swing arm just right to get the bolts out easily while using a regular hydraulic cycle jack. Not with this, the screw makes it micro adjustable.
Not knocking it all, zman ... I can fully relate to the concept of "improvise". lol

I love my JS Jack but hadn't thought about the merits of precise height control with a scissor jack. Would that help with a wheel install, or does it not go high enough? Trying to balance my rear wheel with a floor jack and line everything up was a pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts