Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been in a steady progression over the years. No helmet, half helmet sometimes, 3/4 white helmet, modular when it was cold. Modular 24/7 and now. Full face. Went to the Cleveland Motorcycle Show to try the new Shark Evo one 2 and the Simpson mod bandit. The Shark that Fucker fit like a glove. No Simpsons in sight. But the Shoei RF1200 has been lurking in the back of my head. That shit was half the weight of the Shark. Fit even better. And was discounted 20% so I went for it. And I snagged the transition shield. Also pinlock ready. And the Shoei has the pinlock shield installed. The Shark didn't come with it. The shield was 199.99. But 135.00 at the show. Saved some cash. Super happy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Did you happen to notice if J&S Jacks were there this year? The bottle on my 3 or 4 year old jack decided to spring a leak.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Nice helmet.

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
I've been in a steady progression over the years. No helmet, half helmet sometimes, 3/4 white helmet, modular when it was cold. Modular 24/7 and now. Full face. Went to the Cleveland Motorcycle Show to try the new Shark Evo one 2 and the Simpson mod bandit. The Shark that Fucker fit like a glove. No Simpsons in sight. But the Shoei RF1200 has been lurking in the back of my head. That shit was half the weight of the Shark. Fit even better. And was discounted 20% so I went for it. And I snagged the transition shield. Also pinlock ready. And the Shoei has the pinlock shield installed. The Shark didn't come with it. The shield was 199.99. But 135.00 at the show. Saved some cash. Super happy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Great looking Lid there John, congrats.
Mike U.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice choice John. I have the Neotec2 and wouldnt go any other way. Considered going FF but the modular is so much easier when you have to wear glasses.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you happen to notice if J&S Jacks were there this year? The bottle on my 3 or 4 year old jack decided to spring a leak.

I did not see them. That's not to say they were not there.

Nice choice John. I have the Neotec2 and wouldnt go any other way. Considered going FF but the modular is so much easier when you have to wear glasses.
I wear glasses. But when going back and forth between modular and FF the weight was the final determining factor. The Shark Evo one 2 was an amazing fit and the upgrades are awesome. But in the end. Weight and the extra safety of the full face. And it helps me not smoke. Lol.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That's a nice one. I've gotten so used to the modular, I'd have a hard time going back to a FF.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a nice one. I've gotten so used to the modular, I'd have a hard time going back to a FF.
Loved my Shark Ecoline 3. But the weight is what did them in. I'm a pretty strong guy. But after a while I just want that weight off my neck. I think this will add some smiles to my miles.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I did not see them. That's not to say they were not there.

I wear glasses. But when going back and forth between modular and FF the weight was the final determining factor. The Shark Evo one 2 was an amazing fit and the upgrades are awesome. But in the end. Weight and the extra safety of the full face. And it helps me not smoke. Lol.
That’s the trick, I’m trying to quit smoking as well guess I need a new helmet!!!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
a few years ago I bought a modular off of revzilla. lazer Monaco was the model. in carbon fiber so it is nice and light. point is, it came with the photochromatic shield and the pinlock insert. both of those are awesome. it's great not having to wear sunglasses while riding and not being blinded by the brightness. and it transitions quickly to low light conditions. and the pinlock, while it will not totally eliminate fogging, will mitigate it about 95% or better.

nice looking helmet, though, I've yet to go the full face route. I still like my 1/2 helmet if it's warm out. though since I added the sena 30k, I forsee riding with the modular a lot more in my future.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had an Evoline 2 years ago. Convenient, but loud and heavy. Rode exclusively with an Arai FF for two years after I got hit. Tried the Neotech, had to dump it because it put so much pressure on my ears, I'd hurt for days after a ride. Ended up with a ridiculously expensive Schuberth C3Pro, and now I get why they're so expensive. Light, quiet, vents well, and is all-day comfortable. Gonna be a tough one to replace.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice score! How is the show this year? Haven't been there in a couple years, since it kept shrinking. We're headed to it tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice score! How is the show this year? Haven't been there in a couple years, since it kept shrinking. We're headed to it tomorrow.
Smaller than last year. But the cool thing was no dirtbikes. Street bike stunt show. With a Sportster and a Street Glide. I went specifically to try on the new Shark EVO ONE 2. And man was it a comfy fit. But that thought of a FF has been in the back of my head for a year. And when I tried on the Shoei and it has no weight at all to it compared to the Shark. I just sen the RF1200 a few weeks ago. That Flag graphic caught my eye. I started looking into it. When I put it on, It sold me on it.

Can't go wrong with that Shoei helmet...…..I use a
transition shield
....pricey but works great!
I also bought the transition shield. $199.99. But the show price was $135.00. No brainer there.

Reactions: Little Wing

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Might wander up there myself tomorrow. I'm in Canton so it's only about an hour for me.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Nice Lid...Been bouncing back and forth between trying a modular or FF. Been wearing a half lid for so long, that it's hard to change.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
As with anything, it's all about the fit. Best thing you can do is go someplace that stocks a bunch of different brands, and talk to someone who understands helmet fitment. I spent about 2 hours in a BMW shop, and ended up with a helmet that was 2 sizes smaller than what I usually wore, and was more comfortable than anything I'd had on my head.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts