Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 14" Santees apes internally wired and installed last week on my '10 FLTRX, using all the stock wiring and stock brake line. I did use a +4 clutch cable so I wouldnt have any issues with the cable being pulled and so it could be routed in the stock location. I had the dealer do this and they charged me for 6 hours of labor. They did give me a 10 % discount on labor and 20% discount on parts. Sorry I Left my camera at home so Im not able to download any pictures yet. Try and get em up tomorrow.
I love them!
They are super comfortable, I have them set just a little forward of the fork angle and I can reach them fine. Because Im only 5'6", if I put them at the fork angle they might be a little better position for me, but I wanted to try them a little higher for a while. Rode 300 miles Saturday and my hands didnt fall asleep, or anything funny there. i love them! The bike seems much easier to control now too!

·
Registered
303 Posts
congrats! Aps are great for sure. We are going to need pics ASAP. I am 5'8 or so and have my PYO's (only 9 inchers though) pushed forward as well. Love the reach to get to them and it fits my slouch riding position i have to begin with.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
GR8FLH, looks nice! Is there any problems seeing the gauges around the bars?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem at all. I can see every gauge without moving my head. These bars are just wide enough to clear all the gauges when you are sitting on the bike.
Some of the pictures on my build thread may look like they block them, but when sitting on the bike, i have no problems. i also have the reach seat that puts me closer.

·
Registered
400 Posts
GR8FLH

Mods done: Reach Seat, Rider Backrest, Front lowered suspension,Heat Deflectors,Footboard extensions(HarleyGoodies1"out),black upper and lower sliders,Detachable King Tour Pack with detch. lock, stock passenger footboards,Steal Your Face DerbyCover,wind deflector,Windvest 10",Power Commander V,Derby Sucker Stage II AC w/Steal your Face Derby Cover,Nightstick Slip on, Amsoil Syn in all 3.
Vivid black painted inner fairing,14" Santees Apes,Cruise Control, handmade glove box liners

Dang you got it bad....lol

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GR8FLH

Mods done: Reach Seat, Rider Backrest, Front lowered suspension,Heat Deflectors,Footboard extensions(HarleyGoodies1"out),black upper and lower sliders,Detachable King Tour Pack with detch. lock, stock passenger footboards,Steal Your Face DerbyCover,wind deflector,Windvest 10",Power Commander V,Derby Sucker Stage II AC w/Steal your Face Derby Cover,Nightstick Slip on, Amsoil Syn in all 3.
Vivid black painted inner fairing,14" Santees Apes,Cruise Control, handmade glove box liners

Dang you got it bad....lol
What the MOD Bug? Yes. Yes I do. I bought new mirrors, and am currently taking some parts off to be powder coated black. Saving up for an exhaust system and Dyno Tune. Then i will start working on upgrading the stereo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts